Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Regular Baseball Season is Over

andyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Regular Baseball Season is Over

This was the first year I really shot baseball. At first it seemed pretty boring. But as the season ends, I was really enjoying this. I was starting to get the hang of it. Here are a few shots from the final game of the regular season. UMHB lost, but had already qualified for the playoffs as they went into this nondivisional game. Some of these are severe crops, but I liked the images.

Last game for some seniors. The batter had his last home run stolen as it was caught over the fence.

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    280mm    f/4.0    1/1600s    250 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    230mm    f/4.0    1/1250s    250 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Canon EOS 7D    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    300mm    f/2.8    1/5000s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Gotta love how pitcher's give it their all.

Canon EOS 7D    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    300mm    f/2.8    1/4000s    250 ISO    -0.3 EV  

It was this kind of day for the Cru in their second game of the day.

Canon EOS 7D    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    300mm    f/2.8    1/1000s    250 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Apr 24, 2013 at 01:19 PM
gome1122
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Regular Baseball Season is Over

Great shot, but the second one seems to have missed focus or something, but it isn't very sharp at all.

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:01 PM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Regular Baseball Season is Over

"NIce Grab" on #1. You really caught that one.

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:15 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Regular Baseball Season is Over

1 looks better on my iPad as you can zoom in easier. I spoke with the batter and his parents on the way out after the game. I told him to file a police report as he was robbed. My lens didn't really reach the outfield (70-200 + 1.4 TC) but I liked the image. And since the season is over, it's a keeper to me.

On the second, the catcher's mitt was more in focus than the batter, and I cropped that out, but I did miss critical focus on that shot. I liked the moment and the intensity of the batter. That wouldn't be a keeper except that it is a lesson for me. For whatever reason, I miss critical focus more than I think I should. I'm not thoroughly convinced some of it isn't my Mk III. But I keep questioning my skillset.

This was in the "oh oh" range of Mk IIIs that had focus issues, but Canon had already looked at it when I bought it used. Is there a test I or they can do to check focus? It isn't an all the time problem. I also think it is slower focusing with the 1.4TC and maybe that was part of it. With baseball ending, this is my ideal time to send it for cleaning to CPS and if there is something I can have them check, now is the time.

Apr 24, 2013 at 09:23 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password