FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

Grantland
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

wow, peter you never cease to impress us with your pictures.

thank you for sharing your talent with us

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
saneproduction
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

Wait the 400 II is heavy? Man! JK!

Nice shots

Apr 24, 2013 at 01:05 AM
robinlee
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

First class images Peter, I am yet to produce such quality pictures

However I am curious about your PP, do you mind to show us the RAW images and your finished images for a comparison and how do you process them

Cheers
Robin

Apr 24, 2013 at 01:19 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

robinlee wrote:
First class images Peter, I am yet to produce such quality pictures

However I am curious about your PP, do you mind to show us the RAW images and your finished images for a comparison and how do you process them

Cheers
Robin

Peter uses jpg straight from the camera IIRC. 1D X jpg's are very good.

Apr 24, 2013 at 01:56 AM
Eyvind Ness
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

Fantastic shots, Peter, all of them. And I am fortunate enough to know, first hand, how hard hand-holding this combo actually is The only difference is I am using a 5DmkIII. The number of cross-points available is also very limited with this f5.6 combo. So personally, I will stick with the bare 600II lens for the foreseeable future, at least for the in-flight shots

BTW: Are you still using just IS Mode 1 here, Peter? And the limiter set at 16m - infinity?

Thanks.

Apr 24, 2013 at 03:48 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

Eyvind Ness wrote:
Fantastic shots, Peter, all of them. And I am fortunate enough to know, first hand, how hard hand-holding this combo actually is The only difference is I am using a 5DmkIII. The number of cross-points available is also very limited with this f5.6 combo. So personally, I will stick with the bare 600II lens for the foreseeable future, at least for the in-flight shots

BTW: Are you still using just IS Mode 1 here, Peter? And the limiter set at 16m - infinity?

Thanks.

Aren't there 21 x-type f/5.6 points, which is pretty good, even iof they are the central 21.

Apr 24, 2013 at 04:06 AM
Eyvind Ness
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

I think that is right, Whayne -3x7 in the center only, vs 2x5 left edge + 21 center + 2x5 right edge. I find the latter much more convenient to use. YMMV, of course.

Apr 24, 2013 at 04:29 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

Jarvis, Grant, Mike, Robin and Eyvind.....thank you for your kind comments.

Mike, both 600 II and 400 II are 4 kg of mass. However, mass distribution thru the lens volume is different, which results in 600 II being harder to shoot with/control handheld.

Robin, Pixie is right, I do JPG almost exclusively, and my postprocessing effort is generally minimal. However, I do fuss over camera exposure settings, 99% is shot in manual exposure mode, I totally ignore histogram, but I do seem to end up exposing "to the left" most of the time.

Eyvind, other than some minor exceptions when I have used Mode 2, I do keep IS in Mode 1 at all times. However, when doing BIF where there are fast and/or abrupt or irregular lens swings, I turn IS off. That type photography I do not do with lenses longer than 500mm though, ideally 300mm.

When it comes to focus limiter on the 600 (and the 800), I switch it from "full range" to "16m to infinity" and v.v. frequently when shooting. That is an unfortunate neccessity, in order to help AF to cope with a major defocus range of those lenses, and also not to deprive myself of the proximity shots. It is doubly unfortunate that the focus limiter switch is located on the 600 II where it is. A penalty is that on occasion I forget which limiter setting I am currently on, and proximity shots have been missed (i.e., no AF) when I've failed to switch the limiter to "full range".

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:00 AM
outlawyer
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

+100 to everything posted. If Canon doesn't pay you, it should, for demonstrating what its products can do in the right hands.

Do those WP's ever blink?

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:40 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

Than you, Peter, and that is a good question. There is a picture here of a woody blinking. In fact, they do it relatively often, just that I do not keep such pictures.

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · WPIF with LUCK+ 1DX + 600 II + 1.4xTC III

Awe inspiring and spectacular!

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.