Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

gabimaster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

I am a LR user for such a long time but,lately I saw some discutions between photographers here and on others forums about how good is the new Dxo Optics Pro 8 . I am too busy to download a trial and play with it,but I hope I'll find here some users that are using both to share their impressions about these two : LR 4 and Dxo Optics Pro 8.
Thank you so much !!!

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:25 PM
lukeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

I make extensive use of NIK plugins with LR. Consequentially, I would rather fight than switch.

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:37 PM
gabimaster
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

Me too.

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:39 PM
gabimaster
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

A lot of users are saying that the reason for using Dxo Optis Pro 8 is one : sharpness , because the others (highlight recovery,shadow recovery, the workflow) at LR are at least equal if not better.

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gabimaster
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

By the way ,lukeb , did you update you Nik software that you own considering the new Google offer ?

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

Adobe have a very compelling product biosphere with LR. Within itself it is a good RAW converter, but the real magic is in the wide range of additional functionality it offers - cataloging, mapping, printing etc - and in the range of third party software that interfaces with LR but not other RAW converters. Also, they came early to market with the cataloging features and many of us are so committed in this respect to LR that switching would be a nightmare.

Personally i centre everything around LR for its functionality, but i often use Capture One for RAW conversions and then feed those into LR for cataloging and final editing touches. It should not be difficult to similarly integrate DXO into a LR-centric workflow if you want to.

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:53 PM
gabimaster
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

So, I guess Dxo has almost no clients for its Raw converter since so few people are using it !!!!!

Apr 27, 2013 at 01:30 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lightroom 4.4 vs Dxo Optics Pro 8 Elite !

Probably more so then you might think. I have been using DXO for several years and it is my first pass converter. It produces excellent fast batch files with the D800E. I very seldom need to do any corrections to the batch and they are usually minor. The batch handling is the best I have found. Give it the folder to process. Start. Go grab a cup of coffee. D800E process time approx. 9 seconds per image with all presets active. With that said. I use PSCS6 for the context aware healing brush to remove powerlines, dead tree branches, etc. from my DXO batched landscapes. If DXO had a better healing brush it would be complete for my use. The new LR5 Beta shows promise, we will see what the release brings.

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:45 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password