Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Bow River - Banff National Park

Scott Stoness
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Bow River - Banff National Park

On sunday I went looking for wolves and mostly I got skunked. I found a wolf but he would not pose.

And the roads were crazy slippery. On one section of the Trans Canada, after passing a semi trailer and a car in the ditch, I started to sway and my anti-lock came on and I hit the clutch and just waited for it to stop or the ditch to meet me. Fortunately, the anti-skid on the jeep performed. This is about the 2nd time it has saved me.

Anyway, I just pulled over in a spot that I have been thinking of trying if I was late and waited to see what the light would do, and then I went to Castle Junction to play in the river, until the wolves got up.

Comments and feedback is appreciated. These are not great but sometimes the weather just does not cooperate.

Scott

1-4 of 4

1 - On the highway - looking down Bow River West

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    50mm    f/16.0    1/5s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

2 - On the highway - looking down Bow River West

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    58mm    f/11.0    1/20s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

3 Under the bridge - looking North East

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    24mm    f/11.0    1/60s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

4 Under the bridge - looking North East

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    15mm lens    15mm    f/8.0    1/60s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:00 AM
DSC01
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Bow River - Banff National Park

Scott, nice set my favorites are #3 and #2 beautiful scenes with very nice comps I am thinking that #3&4 would also be candidates for a converson if you use silver effects proII the pre set for high structure and then some minor tweaking I think the wet rocks in #4 would jump off the page . Regards,
Dean

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:04 PM
dwa652
• • •
p.1 #3 · Bow River - Banff National Park

I like 3 best and then 1. In #3 the mountain looks a little mysterious yet grand at the same time. #1 has a bit of feel of a volcano with the color in the sky contrasted with the cool colors around it. I also like the balance of the trees on the lower right.

Apr 24, 2013 at 02:30 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Bow River - Banff National Park

DSC01: Good suggestion on b/w. I will give that a try. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

dwa652: 3 then 1, is my preference as well. Thanks for describing what you like in the composition. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 24, 2013 at 02:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

nma
• • •
p.1 #5 · Bow River - Banff National Park

Scott,

Like 'em all but #1 the most. I appreciate the cool subdued light. Nothing garish here, just subtle beauty.

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:15 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Bow River - Banff National Park

nma wrote:
Scott,

I appreciate the cool subdued light. Nothing garish here, just subtle beauty.

Ditto. I think they have a wonderful quality and are quite beautiful. They very well convey COLD, as well.

Apr 25, 2013 at 02:08 PM
rpope
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Bow River - Banff National Park

Scott, I always enjoy your shots of the Canadian Rockies.
Great series... Excellent work!!

Rich

Apr 25, 2013 at 02:13 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Bow River - Banff National Park

nma: Glad you like 1. 1 was just after I finished risking my life to drive down the road and a went to my alternate spot. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Sharona: It was not overly cold - just cool Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

rpope: Glad you like them. I was hoping for more light but you get what you get. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 26, 2013 at 04:19 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password