Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · photo booth?

LarryBoy57
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · photo booth?

At a wedding, what constitutes a "photo booth"?

Thanks,

Larry

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:20 AM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · photo booth?

a camera.

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:19 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · photo booth?

I think Google can help you here.

Apr 23, 2013 at 06:02 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · photo booth?

Two kinds: 1) a small enclosed structure (usually big enough for two or three people) with the camera just a couple of feet away from the subjects, or 2) an open setup big enough for small groups of 3-10 people with a backdrop, camera mounted (as on a tripod) and usually shooting full length or nearly so, and one or more lights.

Sometimes the shooter supplies props (e.g., costume elements, chalkboards, etc.,), though I see this as a fad within the fad that will fade faster than the photobooth fad.

Apr 23, 2013 at 06:18 AM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · photo booth?

I was actually serious. the qualifying piece of equipment for a photo booth is a camera. That's it. If you want to
be super super fancy you can set up a light.

Apr 23, 2013 at 07:19 AM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · photo booth?

jprezant wrote:
I was actually serious. the qualifying piece of equipment for a photo booth is a camera. That's it. If you want to
be super super fancy you can set up a light.

+1

Add a backdrop and make it super super super fancy

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · photo booth?

amonline wrote:
I think Google can help you here.

Apparently the OP doesn't have internet to search Google for such a simple question

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #8 · photo booth?

I would think that if you break down the name it would be a booth that takes photos. So that would, on its most basic level, imply a photographic device of some sort and an enclosure of some sort. Lighting, props, prints, computers, display devices... are all extraneous to the photo/booth portion of the object in question.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
NYstyles
• •
p.1 #9 · photo booth?

There are the machine booths and 'fuax' booths as brides call them. Faux booths just have a backdrop and a DSLR on a tripod with one light set up.(usually one light, I use one light) I do the "faux' booth as an al a carte option. I have an attendant run it during events, I use a wireless shutter release so my attendant can interact with guests better. They also keep the area tidy, the props get messy.

I dont know if its so much a fad... I thought it was a fad three years ago and here it is three years later and now I see more booths than ever! lol There are always threads about them on bridal forums. I see more machine booths over the faux booths though.

By the way I Googled and there wasnt much info on "fuax" booth just machines. he may have not known to Google 'faux" to get more specific results. I didn't even know brides or anyone for that matter called it a 'faux" booth until I read it on bridal forums. Give the OP a break...

Apr 23, 2013 at 02:08 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · photo booth?

My google must be different than yours NY because "photo booth", "photobooth", "DIY photobooth", etc provided, ummmm photobooth info. Yes, within the search there is crap but like any search you make your way through the clutter.

Never heard of Faux booth and never would have searched for it. That seemed to work pretty well, but that applies to anything you search for...search terms can be tricky. But that wasn't the question (but you did provide a good word to use).

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

NYstyles
• •
p.1 #11 · photo booth?

Not everyone is a savvy searcher. See i would never think to search DIY booth. lol

Apr 23, 2013 at 08:10 PM
Nathan Padgett
• • •
p.1 #12 · photo booth?

The way I see it.......

Photobooth = the traditional small booth that prints....

Photostation = a open air "station" that usually includes a backdrop. Lights, props, prints, may or may not be included.

Apr 23, 2013 at 08:23 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · photo booth?

NYstyles wrote:
I didn't even know brides or anyone for that matter called it a 'faux" booth until I read it on bridal forums.

Never heard it called that, either. Have you noticed that the brides have any opinion or preference on the faux booth compared to the machine booth?

Apr 23, 2013 at 09:10 PM
NYstyles
• •
p.1 #14 · photo booth?

D. Diggler wrote:
Never heard it called that, either. Have you noticed that the brides have any opinion or preference on the faux booth compared to the machine booth?

I know some like the faux because you can fit more people and well the machine is two to three times the price! lol However, the machines are more available, not all wedding photographers do faux booths. Mines an add on for $500 (3 hours, no prints, B&G get copies and a gallery link to share/guest buy) while the booth is probably $1000-1200. The machines are Everywhere now!!

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · photo booth?

I'm sorry but the "google it" replies are just rude.....and lame. Probably 95% of the questions asked here can be found by using a search engine. I assume the OP has a question about photobooths as they pertain to wedding photography. Being this is a wedding forum I don't see what the problem is.....other than the rude ass replies.

Or maybe we should just do away with questions altogether since most of the answers can be found on Google...

Apr 24, 2013 at 03:08 PM
t4haughton
• •
p.1 #16 · photo booth?

I offer a PhotoBooth that is a D3 tethered to an iPad, triggered by a footswitch. The couple gets edited files and a set of prints along with the package. No prints on site, and no "attendant."

I have a behind the scenes photo on my site, and explain exactly what it is to all my couples during the meeting.

http://wasabiphotography.com/blog/?p=205http://wasabiphotography.com/blog/?p=205

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:19 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #17 · photo booth?

maxwell1295 wrote:
I'm sorry but the "google it" replies are just rude.....and lame. Probably 95% of the questions asked here can be found by using a search engine. I assume the OP has a question about photobooths as they pertain to wedding photography. Being this is a wedding forum I don't see what the problem is.....other than the rude ass replies.

Or maybe we should just do away with questions altogether since most of the answers can be found on Google...

While I agree that the "Google it" replies are rude. The OPs question is wide open. I think a more directed question would have elicited more constructive responses.

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:51 PM
LarryBoy57
• •
p.1 #18 · photo booth?

Thanks for the informative replies. The reason for the question is I offer a package that includes the setting up of a backdrop and lights to take photos of those in attendance including goofy shots if desired. Basically I was wondering if this would constitute a "photo booth"

Larry

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM
CraigB1960

p.1 #19 · photo booth?

t4haughton wrote:
I offer a PhotoBooth that is a D3 tethered to an iPad, triggered by a footswitch. The couple gets edited files and a set of prints along with the package. No prints on site, and no "attendant."

I have a behind the scenes photo on my site, and explain exactly what it is to all my couples during the meeting.

http://wasabiphotography.com/blog/?p=205http://wasabiphotography.com/blog/?p=205

Thanks for your link, I like how you have it setup.

Apr 28, 2013 at 03:30 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #20 · photo booth?

LarryBoy57 wrote:
Thanks for the informative replies. The reason for the question is I offer a package that includes the setting up of a backdrop and lights to take photos of those in attendance including goofy shots if desired. Basically I was wondering if this would constitute a "photo booth"

Larry

I think in a technical sense, I would say yes

Apr 28, 2013 at 01:17 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password