Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · California Spring

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · California Spring

This picture was taken one year ago, one week from now on the way to Yosemite valley --route 120---. Next week end I intend to drive the the Valley to shoot dogwoods and waterfalls rainbows.
I am planning to shoot this corner again with D800e. The one you see here is from my former D3, cropped and I just printed 12x18. It is like a painting. I can't believe I waited until today to print it.!!

nugeny 2012

A

NIKON D3    24.0-120.0 mm f/4.0 lens    38mm    f/22.0    1/25s    200 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Edited on Apr 27, 2013 at 06:38 PM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2013 at 07:20 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · California Spring

Hey Bob,

That is a very nice looking shot, it will be interesting to see if you have the same amount of wildflowers this year. As for the Dogwoods, be sure to let us know the state of them when you are there. I usually aim for the first week of May too, so you should be right on schedule, but one never knows.

Jim

Apr 22, 2013 at 08:52 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · California Spring

JimFox wrote:
Hey Bob,

That is a very nice looking shot, it will be interesting to see if you have the same amount of wildflowers this year. As for the Dogwoods, be sure to let us know the state of them when you are there. I usually aim for the first week of May too, so you should be right on schedule, but one never knows.

Jim

Jim, I will be there either Saturday of Sunday. I will send you a picture late evening so that you can drive over night to get there!!!

Apr 22, 2013 at 09:20 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · California Spring

Beautiful shot.
Harsha

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Dingsbums
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · California Spring

nugeny, I am sorry to say, but this picture is over saturated. There is no way the hillside (along the Tuolumne River I assume) looked like this. Michael

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:40 AM
Dingsbums
• •
p.1 #6 · California Spring

Ops, Merced River I assume.

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:45 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · California Spring

Looks overcooked to me, not sure if WB or saturation or both. Note the blue cast in the small cloud and on the "white caps" in the water.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · California Spring

stanparker wrote:
Looks overcooked to me, not sure if WB or saturation or both. Note the blue cast in the small cloud and on the "white caps" in the water.

Looking forward for a better "balanced" image with my new D800e. I always shoot auto WB and love the colors --all the colors--of Spring. The late D3 had only 12 MPs as compared with 36MPs of D800e, yes E added to it. Just curious.

Apr 24, 2013 at 05:55 AM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
p.1 #9 · California Spring

I have to agree with a few above, the colors just aren't natural and look much too saturated. I like the composition and woul really like to see it slightly less "cooked".

Jo

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:39 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.1 #10 · California Spring

Nice comp, but I agree with the colors. I shoot with a D700 and switch often between AWB and manual WB - which I suppose in the end doesn't really matter..

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:49 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #11 · California Spring

Wow, California is finally in bloom!
I like the picture, very refreshing, although the colors seem somewhat psychedelic.

Sasha.

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:11 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #12 · California Spring

Yeah... it's not very often an image literally hurts my eyes, but the colors in this make them twitch.

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:11 PM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · California Spring

Ah, the green and gold of the Sierra foothills. Great capture, Bob.

BK

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:19 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · California Spring

california is runnng out of water1 I drove to Yosemite with the intention of reshooting this picture this picture. Well, there was no flower. every where is brown. We will see next year.

Apr 28, 2013 at 08:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password