New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon 6D Live View screen

fracas
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 6D Live View screen

Is the 6D live view screen more prone to scratches than the 5D2 and 5D3 screens, being made of plastic instead of glass?

Thanks
francesco

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM
PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 6D Live View screen

I've had mine since January with no protector on there and it doesn't have a scratch on it. So not that I've seen.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 6D Live View screen

If you wear it on a strap and it rubs against your buttons, rodeo belt bucket, jeans rivets, etc., even glass will suffer scratches. If you use a hand strap and never rub it against your body. even plastic will stay scratch-free for years. With that said, it's not that hard to change the LCD cover if you scratch it badly. I've changed a couple and it was about a 30 minute job and the only special tool needed was a suction cup.

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 6D Live View screen

I have noticed that the 5D III and 6D screens are slight different. I am not sure about being more prone to scratches but when comparing them side-by-side, the 5D III live view image is much easier to see and manual focus outside.
Fred

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM
fracas
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 6D Live View screen

thanks ... I ask this because my 5D2 has no major scratches, also if I always wear it on a strap and it rubs against my buttons, rodeo belt bucket, jeans rivets, etc... on the other side I have had two sony NEXs with plastic cover and I collected some major scratches, also if I cared them much more (after the first scratch)
cheers, francesco

Apr 22, 2013 at 03:54 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.