Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Trying out a couple of shots.

jasonp1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Trying out a couple of shots.

I'm out of my element doing portraits but was asked to do a quick senior portrait shoot the other day. I actually had my 10 yr old daughter hold my 580 flash at different angles off camera to get these; I'm pro like that Anyway, thoughts?

Thanks,
JP

Edited on Apr 22, 2013 at 09:14 PM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM
gome1122
• • •
p.1 #2 · Trying out a couple of shots.

The faces all look really soft. Did you make every thing but the eyes blurry in post? If so, I don't think it looks good. When people say focus on the eyes, that doesn't mean just get the eyes you want face too.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Paul.K
• • •
p.1 #3 · Trying out a couple of shots.

Don't add blurring to the face. I've never seen that before! The first shot is a decent composition but it does look a little flashed because of the dark background. I'd probably just shoot natural light here. For the second, I'd tighten or loosen the crop just a bit to avoid cropping at the chest.

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Trying out a couple of shots.

In addition to the blurring issue, avoid the large expanse of shoulder in #1. A different camera perspective or cropping will help.

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:47 PM

CW100
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Trying out a couple of shots.

gome1122 wrote:
The faces all look really soft. Did you make every thing but the eyes blurry in post? If so, I don't think it looks good. When people say focus on the eyes, that doesn't mean just get the eyes you want face too.

Paul.K wrote:
Don't add blurring to the face. I've never seen that before! The first shot is a decent composition but it does look a little flashed because of the dark background. I'd probably just shoot natural light here. For the second, I'd tighten or loosen the crop just a bit to avoid cropping at the chest.

I agree, if you added the out-of-focus softness with processing take it out!

Apr 22, 2013 at 05:49 PM
jasonp1
• • •
p.1 #6 · Trying out a couple of shots.

working on these points..thanks guys

Apr 22, 2013 at 08:04 PM
jasonp1
• • •
p.1 #7 · Trying out a couple of shots.

tweaked them a bit and replaced.