Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2013 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

borderlight wrote:
If the President wants the bill passed it figures that the chances of it actually passing in the Republican-controlled House is close to nil.

I just read this: "The measure has strong support in the House, including from conservative Republicans".

Apr 25, 2013 at 08:09 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.2 #2 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

D. Diggler wrote:
I just read this: "The measure has strong support in the House, including from conservative Republicans".

We'll see. I guess as Amazon goes so does the country. I am retired so the impact will be minimal compared to those used to buying things like expensive photo equipment. It certainly will be interesting how the first year of charging & collecting sales taxes for all states will turn out. My state, Pennsylvania, doesn't tax clothing. If you order clothing from a business out-of-state that didn't know that it will cause a lot of problems. If software can sort through all those potential problems, great. If you want to recoup lost money due to universal sales taxes, invest in the software companies that figure it all out.

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.2 #3 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

Agreed, politicians should be fired for what they do with our money but this is not a new tax just one that has not been collected..

Apr 25, 2013 at 03:11 PM
Savas K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

D. Diggler wrote:
The President wants it, saying, this will "level the playing field" for local small business retailers that compete with online retailers.

Obama's playing field leveling is always about the money grab. It's his priority to not run out of other people's money.

Apr 25, 2013 at 09:06 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.2 #5 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

Savas K wrote:
Obama's playing field leveling is always about the money grab. It's his priority to not run out of other people's money.

Yep, that's the Progressive/Republican strategy: grab other folks' money, use it up, and then take a crap when it runs out, at least until they've printed the next trillion or so.

Apr 25, 2013 at 09:30 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.2 #6 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

Vote has been delayed until May. Opponents say the bill isn't specific, punishes sales tax free states, and will discourage Internet sales. If it ever gets to the House it will "face an uphill battle".

Apr 27, 2013 at 05:53 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

When internet commerce was in its infancy, it made sense to give them a break by not collecting sales taxes except in states where companies are located. Those days are long gone so really, the only argument against this change is we don't want to pay more for what we buy online. We like getting a good deal. Yes, we can make the argument that any dollar of taxes collected will be misused by those we've elected to represent us. That can be a difficult argument to make if people are really honest about the services they want government to perform on our behalf. I wish local streets were in better repair. I'm happy that when I flush the toilet the waste product goods down the sewer beneath my street. And I'm happy when I turn on the water that what pours out is drinkable. I also love to visit the local library and I certainly enjoy visiting parks in my region or hiking trails in the watershed that are maintained by water district employees. Taxes and user fees paid for all of that and more.

But the major argument from my perspective in favor of this development, is I like visiting my downtown and having something other than bare windows with for rent signs displayed. I like that we still have a book store and camera store downtown. Giving Amazon and B&H preference through tax avoidance may save me a few bucks but I like living in a town with a vibrant business district. Leveling the playing feel sounds like a sensible thing to be doing. I can still save money by not buying as much stuff. Some call it practicing voluntary simplicity and suggest it leads to a saner life. My solution, which is very much personal, is to buy used cameras and old manual focus lenses. I don't pay taxes on those purchases, though if E-Bay has to collect for its merchants I may have to pay. But I buy from the fellow in Lake Worth, Florida who sells three or four things a year. He probably doesn't qualify for sales tax...

I'll be interested in how this unfolds. Obviously, there are powerful interests at play here, so there is no telling where things will stand once this chapter comes to an end.

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:52 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

What Curtis said.

Of course, this chapter will never come to an end.

Apr 28, 2013 at 01:59 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.2 #9 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

If you feel so compelled to pay sales taxes via the Internet, so be it. Soon the choice will be made for us. Please peruse the partial list of taxes, complied by someone else, that Americans pay every year. I think you will pause a moment before cheering for another tax, fair or not.

Some of the Taxes Americans Pay Each Year

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

Capital Gains Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Court Fines (indirect taxes)

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel permit tax

Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)

Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Local Income Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Septic Permit Tax

Service Charge Taxes

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)

Sales Taxes

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Road Toll Booth Taxes

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone federal excise tax

Telephone federal universal service fee tax

Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes

Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax

Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax

Telephone state and local tax

Telephone usage charge tax

Toll Bridge Taxes

Toll Tunnel Taxes

Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)

Trailer registration tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids. What the hell happened?

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.2 #10 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

Roosevelt

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

borderlight wrote:
If you feel so compelled to pay sales taxes via the Internet, so be it. Soon the choice will be made for us. Please peruse the partial list of taxes, complied by someone else, that Americans pay every year. I think you will pause a moment before cheering for another tax, fair or not.

Some of the Taxes Americans Pay Each Year

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

Capital Gains Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Court Fines (indirect taxes)

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel permit tax

Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on
...Show more

And here in Maryland, the latest from the "govner"(Lynyrd Skynyrd)..THE RAIN TAX!!!

To begin with, $100 each resident, until an aerial survey of every property can be done, in the State will have determined how much rain is NOT absorbed by the ground but runs off down driveways and sidwalks into the storm sewers which we are taxed on our yearly property tax bills or water and sewer bill! Then your tax will be re-adjusted accordingly!!!
To the people of Maryland, O'Malley sez, "What's in Your Wallet"?

Apr 29, 2013 at 01:07 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.2 #12 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

anthonysemone coded:

Roosevelt

Rosebud

Anyway, "is it safe?"

Apr 29, 2013 at 01:16 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.2 #13 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

Dan: Only this could top Maryland's stupid tax:

From "Bicycling Magazine"....

Washington state representative Ed Orcutt is making a new case for taxing bikes, claiming cycling pollutesóbecause cyclists breathe more.

In an e-mail to a constituent opposing a proposed bicycle tax in Washington, Orcutt pointed out that because riders have an increased heart rate and breathing, they emit more carbon dioxide.

Orcutt added that drivers pay a tax for using roads and having bike lanes; therefore, bicyclists should pay to use the same roads. He went on, explaining that a gas tax generates money for maintaining the roads, so bicyclists should have an equivalent expense for the maintenance of the roads they ride.

Though he ignored the reality that most cyclists likely own gas-fueled cars, the state congressman didnít go so far as to suggest a shoe tax on pedestrians as well. Cascade Bicycle Club posted an article with the email exchange between Orcutt and Dave Carlson, owner of Bike Tech in Tacoma, Washington.

Apr 29, 2013 at 01:27 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #14 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

Yes I agree...The mentality is still the same it appears: "What's in your wallet?"

I guess those of us that grew up walking to school in the rain and snow with no shoes(remember that ole joke??) should get a rebate also?

Forgot to mention that Maryland also has a "Flush Tax" for how many times you flush your toilet!!!!
Dan

Apr 29, 2013 at 02:16 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.2 #15 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

Indeed, Dan, Indeed. Rain, snow, sleet, wind and hail plus the darkness of early AM and the walk was for me out and back and 2 miles out 4 miles back and uphill in both directions

Apr 29, 2013 at 02:34 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.2 #16 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

I guess those of us that grew up walking to school in the rain and snow with no shoes(remember that ole joke??) should get a rebate also?

I believe the correct terminology here is "tax credit", not rebate. I don't understand why some congressman back in the day didn't propose a tax on walking shoeless in the snow. Obviously the heat from your feet melts snow quicker thus causing potential storm drain overflow resulting in flooding.... and without any disaster relief compensation from Washington. I guess the reason a tax like that wasn't adopted was because morons weren't taken seriously then.

Apr 29, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

anthonysemone wrote:
Indeed, Dan, Indeed. Rain, snow, sleet, wind and hail plus the darkness of early AM and the walk was for me out and back and 2 miles out 4 miles back and uphill in both directions

Semper Fi Anthony!!!!!! Hoooraaahhhh!
You nailed it brother!

Apr 29, 2013 at 05:53 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #18 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

borderlight wrote:
I believe the correct terminology here is "tax credit", not rebate. I don't understand why some congressman back in the day didn't propose a tax on walking shoeless in the snow. Obviously the heat from your feet melts snow quicker thus causing potential storm drain overflow resulting in flooding.... and without any disaster relief compensation from Washington. I guess the reason a tax like that wasn't adopted was because morons weren't taken seriously then.

Excuse me "bl". I stand corrected!!

I always say to the politicians, To ERROR is human....BUT WHY MUST YOU BE SO FRIXXXX HUMAN!!

Thanks for some jocularity, holy M*A*S*H-FR. Mulcahy, here guyz!!
Next they will be taxing to laugh!
Dan

Apr 29, 2013 at 05:59 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

CGrindahl wrote:
I'll be interested in how this unfolds. Obviously, there are powerful interests at play here, so there is no telling where things will stand once this chapter comes to an end.

A lot of people think that, eventually, sooner or later, tax will come to internet sales.

May 01, 2013 at 07:00 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.2 #20 · Internet sales tax comes to vote this week

borderlight wrote:

It's not a new tax but a tax that is being evaded. Because you choose not to pay it dose not make it invalid or non existent. Also it is already on your list "sales tax" If you feel its not fair change state law or move.

May 02, 2013 at 04:35 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password