Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · New Logo (part 2)

mgauthierphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Logo (part 2)

I had some great advise on my previously failed attempt. I trashed it and tried again. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to higher a designer. I may not have the brain power to come up with something, but what I can do is produce something if others help with the idea. Font changes, color, layout, opacity, etc.

Again, I'm looking for tough critique. Trust me, you won't offend me. I am building a new website at the moment. My other one was garbage. I do not want to go live with it only reflecting my tastes (which can suck, design wise)

BTW if anyone can tell me how to upload an image in the comment section of an already existing post, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance.

MG

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:54 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Logo (part 2)

Boring, but it might do temporarily. A good logo representing your brand will take a while.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:17 PM
mgauthierphoto
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Logo (part 2)

Anything to spice it up?

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:27 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Logo (part 2)

Great.

Your name much bigger the your profession is the way to go in our business in my opinion.

Since there´s no graphic the colors are perfect.

simple, minimalistic, classy.

We dont need a logo respresenting our brand, we are our brand.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:46 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Logo (part 2)

I like "photographer" instead of "photography".

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM
nolaguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Logo (part 2)

Much better, Mark.

A logo or "mark" doesn't have to be extraordinarily creative or set the graphic design world on fire to be effective. Given the contraints you describe, a simple, "safe" approach is probably best.

You might want to give some attention to the proportional relationship of your name (large) to "PHOTOGRAPHY" (itty bitty).

Ideally a logo should work when scaled to extremes and if you put this one sideways on a business card, PHOTOGRAPHY is going to be really, really small.

Perhaps scale it twice the point size you currently have it and adjust the letter spacing to match the width of your name.

A hairline rule (line) between the two may also help and is a tried and true graphic tool.

Best,

Chuck

Apr 22, 2013 at 03:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mgauthierphoto
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Logo (part 2)

D. Diggler wrote:
I like "photographer" instead of "photography".

I like it too, it's just not my business name.

Apr 22, 2013 at 05:57 AM
mgauthierphoto
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Logo (part 2)

nolaguy wrote:
Much better, Mark.

A logo or "mark" doesn't have to be extraordinarily creative or set the graphic design world on fire to be effective. Given the contraints you describe, a simple, "safe" approach is probably best.

You might want to give some attention to the proportional relationship of your name (large) to "PHOTOGRAPHY" (itty bitty).

Ideally a logo should work when scaled to extremes and if you put this one sideways on a business card, PHOTOGRAPHY is going to be really, really small.

Perhaps scale it twice the point size you currently have it and adjust the letter spacing to match the width of
...Show more

Thank you, Chuck. I just put the final touches on it with your suggestions. It looks much better.

MG

Apr 22, 2013 at 05:58 AM
JonMold
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Logo (part 2)

I cannot advise using a skilled brand designer for stuff like this. It's not going to bust the bank and you'll end up with something designed and fitting rather than looking like 90% of the photographers brands out there. I come from a graphic design background and there was no way I'd design my own logo. I was too close to it, I felt I needed to hire a professional and get them to come up with something completely left field. But for me this was money well spent, I have something unique, fitting to my brand of photography. I have some contacts if you're interested?
Good luck dude

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Logo (part 2)

jmraso wrote:
We dont need a logo respresenting our brand, we are our brand.

Worst advice ever. A logo IS part of your brand. A good logo is just as powerful as our photographs. Besides a crap logo watermarked on your images is just going to bring them down.

Op, this is much better and more suitable for your work but when you can afford it hire a pro. Kern some of your text, the spacing is off.

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Logo (part 2)

NYstyles wrote:

Worst advice ever

ever !!, I can accept lately but ever !!!

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password