Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

For European photographer's Amazon.uk have some great prices on the Transcend 64GB 1000x card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B009S61ADS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&colid=2YWDEQWLTQUYM&coliid=IXBVCVJ8R2RUL&condition=new

Amazon want 128 GBP for it. And there are even lower price if shopping with other companies selling on Amazon. (but I don't know those)

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:52 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

Excellent deals. I bought one on amazon.ca a few weeks ago, because the prices fell from about $400 to $240 - that's about the same as what I paid for one from B&H, after handling fees and etc.

Maybe Transcend is trying to fatten up for business reasons - maybe to encourage an external takeover.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:02 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

Thanks, that is a very good deal. I am buying one. The price is about half of the normal price where I buy cards

Apr 22, 2013 at 05:11 AM
samwise
• • •
p.1 #4 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

Heads up, I have had 2 Transcend 32 gig cards crap out on me during 2 different shoots last summer (I only had them one season - bought 4 of them total)... a friend of mine also had a similar experience. The images were recoverable but the ability to record them on the card were like 1 image per minuite... so the buffer was always full. Just my 2 cents!

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:03 AM
timpdx
• • •
p.1 #5 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

I don't buy anything larger than 16gb. I just got 64 gig worth of them for 60 bucks, I don't like all my eggs in one basket, although I have only lost 1 card ever in a Sony NEX7, but that was scary enough.

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:05 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

samwise wrote:
Heads up, I have had 2 Transcend 32 gig cards crap out on me during 2 different shoots last summer (I only had them one season - bought 4 of them total)... a friend of mine also had a similar experience. The images were recoverable but the ability to record them on the card were like 1 image per minuite... so the buffer was always full. Just my 2 cents!

There have been threads with every brand failing here. I have used Transcend cards for over 10 years without one problem. And I have more than 50 Transcend cards today

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:49 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

timpdx wrote:
I don't buy anything larger than 16gb. I just got 64 gig worth of them for 60 bucks, I don't like all my eggs in one basket, although I have only lost 1 card ever in a Sony NEX7, but that was scary enough.

I never buy any 16GB or smaller. Most bodies today have two memory cards slots. So you don't have all eggs in one basket either.
I suppose you only use really small hard disks in your computers also. When you don't like to have all eggs in one basket

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:51 AM
neilvan
• •
p.1 #8 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

!

People used the same thing about 512mb cards when 128mb were the norm...

Apr 23, 2013 at 08:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

WarrenL
• •
p.1 #9 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

I have had both my Transcend 600x cards fail. One was replaced by Transcend and it wants to format the card every second or third time i use it. Stay away from Transcend cards.

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

WarrenL wrote:
I have had both my Transcend 600x cards fail. One was replaced by Transcend and it wants to format the card every second or third time i use it. Stay away from Transcend cards.

So what brand should we buy that never fail then? I have had Sandisk and Kingston cards that have failed. My friend had a Lexar.

I like Transcend and recommend that brand. I have 8 Transcend cards that works great.

Apr 23, 2013 at 02:43 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

samwise wrote:

FWIW, I've used most of the "name" brands at one time or another. The only absolute failure I've ever had was a very spendy Sandisk Extreme. (Which the company won't stand behind. Something about my misuse of the card)

Been shooting exclusively with Transcend mostly 600X UDMA7 cards. Have never filled a 32GB card even after shooting a doubleheader. Don't have any 64GB cards as they are still too pricey for me. (But of course I used to say that about 16 and 8 and 4 and . . . The cost sweet spot right now seems to be 16GB.

All solid state media is susceptible to error - particularly infant mortality. I keep extras around in case of failure and recovery software allowed me to recover even the dastardly Sandisk.

Guess it all depends on your comfort with risk. I've never bought truly unknown completely off brand cards, but that's just my level of comfort. I'd love to know how many makers of media there really are. I suspect it is a small fraction of vendors who put their names on the card.

Anyone with any knowledge of who and where CF or SD memory is made?

Robert

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:21 PM
timpdx
• • •
p.1 #12 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

In response to Lars, whose argument I find kinda besides the point. At home I use somewhat large HDs with multiple copies, something that is both cheap and easy....once at home. But after losing an entire days shooting abroad (not replacable shots) that was it, and I use smaller cards. I also back up to a netbook daily with an external drive (I was also mugged in south america and lost a days shooting when they got my camera, not the cards fault, but shows the need to have multiple copies on a trip)

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM
sperraglia
• • •
p.1 #13 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
So what brand should we buy that never fail then? I have had Sandisk and Kingston cards that have failed. My friend had a Lexar.

I like Transcend and recommend that brand. I have 8 Transcend cards that works great.

+1

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:53 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

timpdx wrote:
In response to Lars, whose argument I find kinda besides the point. At home I use somewhat large HDs with multiple copies, something that is both cheap and easy....once at home. But after losing an entire days shooting abroad (not replacable shots) that was it, and I use smaller cards. I also back up to a netbook daily with an external drive (I was also mugged in south america and lost a days shooting when they got my camera, not the cards fault, but shows the need to have multiple copies on a trip)

I wrote it before. Today most DSLR bodies have two memory card slots. If I do important photography I use both slots for backup in the camera when shooting.
And I don't have to worry that much about loosing a card when I travel, if I bring ten big cards instead of 100 small cards.
This thread was just a "heads up" on a great deal at Amazon.uk

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:47 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

sperraglia wrote:
+1

+2

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:50 PM
samwise
• • •
p.1 #16 · Great Transcend 64GB 1000x deal

Fair enough guys, I personally never had any of my sandisks fail but that doesn't mean others haven't. I just wanted to write my experiences, because between me and my friend, that is 3/6 32 gig transcend cards do this in one summer... and they all did the exact same thing (have trouble writing on the card but reading was ok - thank God).

Apr 23, 2013 at 05:43 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password