New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · quick "where is" question in LR 4 for Lens Correction

gschlact
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · quick "where is" question in LR 4 for Lens Correction

I use Lightroom LR 4.4 and am aware of the Lens Correction where you specify the Manufacturer model etc. However, what I can't figure out is how I differentiate between the Canon EF 24-70 f2.8 mk I versus mk II.

How do I specify the Mk II version. Same question for the 70-200 versions.

Thanks in advance.

Guy

Apr 21, 2013 at 03:14 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · quick "where is" question in LR 4 for Lens Correction

My LR 4.4 has a profile for the 24-70 and 24-70 II in the database. Perhaps you don't have the updated lens profiles, from Adobe Camera Raw? I'd check to make sure your LR and ACR is uptodate.
You can also download lens profiles manually.

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:10 PM
gschlact
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · quick "where is" question in LR 4 for Lens Correction

I just updated from 4.2 to LR 4.4 with full install / upgrade. Can you please help explain how to update the profile db? Also do I need separate ACR installed if I just did the 4.4 upgrade?

I shoot Canon 7D have the lenses mention above. Interesting that the lens profiles didn't auto-recognize the Len from the jpeg but rather I had to manually select from the drop downs Canon and 24-70 without the MK II on the list. Is this the case from your perspective when you use Lens profile with a Raw file?

Thanks.
Guy

Edited on Apr 21, 2013 at 04:42 PM · View previous versions

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:25 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · quick "where is" question in LR 4 for Lens Correction

You may want to download the lens downloader app

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5492

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:41 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · quick "where is" question in LR 4 for Lens Correction

In the help/about photoshop tab I see ACR 7.4 and Lightroom 4.4
I did not have to download the 24-70 profiles - I have mark I and mark II profiles already.
You can download a lens profile manually thru link howard gave you.
You should be able to update ACR within LR. Or, I found ACR manual download here
http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#notconnected

Apr 21, 2013 at 07:08 PM
hugowolf
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · quick "where is" question in LR 4 for Lens Correction

gschlact wrote:
I just updated from 4.2 to LR 4.4 with full install / upgrade. Can you please help explain how to update the profile db? Also do I need separate ACR installed if I just did the 4.4 upgrade?

I shoot Canon 7D have the lenses mention above. Interesting that the lens profiles didn't auto-recognize the Len from the jpeg but rather I had to manually select from the drop downs Canon and 24-70 without the MK II on the list. Is this the case from your perspective when you use Lens profile with a Raw file?

Thanks.
Guy

Lr differentiates between raw and jpeg images, if you are shooting jpeg (god forbid), then Lr may well not have a profile. You could look through the profiles that other users have uploaded, to see if there is a jpeg I and II up there. You will need to first download the Adobe profile app.

Brian A

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · quick "where is" question in LR 4 for Lens Correction

dgdg wrote:
In the help/about photoshop tab I see ACR 7.4 and Lightroom 4.4
I did not have to download the 24-70 profiles - I have mark I and mark II profiles already.
You can download a lens profile manually thru link howard gave you.
You should be able to update ACR within LR. Or, I found ACR manual download here
http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#notconnected

"You should be able to update ACR within LR."

Really?

Adobe Camera Raw is a plug-in that can be hosted by either Adobe Bridge or Photoshop; Lightroom is a stand-alone program. ACR requires a distinctly separate update and it cannot be done from within Lightroom.

To the OP:

Adobe software distinguishes between jpeg and raw formats and most available lens profiles are for raw files. So if you're attempting to correct a jpeg a lens profile might not be visible/available.

There is a workaround that involves copying the raw lens profile from its default location, renaming the file name ending from - Raw.lcp to - JPG.lcp, then using a text editor to change a flag./text string in the file from "CameraRawProfile>True<" to "CameraRawProfile>False<". After that you save the modified profile to the LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded folder (Windows) and it will work with JPEG files.

But you'd need to exercise caution that you're not over-correcting the image if the camera had already applied some corrections (vignetting comes to mind, for example).

Apr 22, 2013 at 03:18 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.