New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Next lens Conundrum

UsseryG
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Next lens Conundrum

Alright, Kent, whatever you say. Moving on.

I do think buying lights could be just as addictive as acquiring new glass. Especially modifiers. I have been eyeing the Flashpoints from Adorama. They have great reviews, and run in my price gamut.

I still think I will go for the 28mm first. After that, it should only be a couple hundred bucks before I can get one of the Flashpoints.

Gary

Apr 21, 2013 at 07:38 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Next lens Conundrum

For the wide end, given that you want a fast lens and something that would work decently on both FX and DX, I would get the Nikon 17-35 f/2.8. Great WA lens that would cover the whole range you need for FX and still be a decent wide to normal lens of DX.

28mm on FX is the long end of wide ... the 17-35 is every bit as good and gives you flexability as well as getting into the true WA.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:13 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Next lens Conundrum

UsseryG wrote:
I wish wish WISH I could afford the Sigma 35mm right now, as that would settle it, and make the decision easy. That lens looks AMAZING! It would be wide, but still usable for portraits.

Unless it was a purchase I had to make today, anytime I've made a statement like that, I ended up wishing wishing WISHING I'd waited until I could afford what I really wanted in the first place.

But that fact has rarely stopped me.

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.