FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · 5D II expensive than 6D

M Lucca
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · 5D II expensive than 6D

I'd skip both and get a used 1dsIII for a wee bit more money.

Or save a ton by getting a 5dc.

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM
jake13
• •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · 5D II expensive than 6D

Sure enough. Called CLP and the 5D II normal refurb price is $1759.30. It is on sale right now for 15% off at $1495.32. The 20% CLP discount applies to the regular price, so the CLP price is $1407.00. I thought it was additional to whatever the current price was...not to be. That would make the 6D the smarter choice from what I can see. At least it clears up any back and forth on which camera to buy. Thanks dfresh for pushing me to check a little further.

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM
jake13
• •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · 5D II expensive than 6D

Honestly, I was seriously considering a 5Dc. For less than $500 it might be a really great pathway into FF. I know a couple of wedding photographers who still swear by the original 5D. I know it's ancient, but I've seen 1000's of fantastic looking photos taken with one.

Jun 10, 2013 at 01:12 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · 5D II expensive than 6D

leo11877 wrote:
OK but the question is why would someone NOT buy the 6D which is an upgrade for less money?

6D is basically a FF 60D, so sits in a class below 5D II build wise and lacks several features, even though it has WiFi and GPS built-in.

Jun 10, 2013 at 05:21 PM
Don Clary
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · 5D II expensive than 6D

Pixel Perfect: 6D is basically a FF 60D, so sits in a class below 5D II build wise and lacks several features

Such as the 5DII cluster of 7 AF points in AI Servo, vs one in 6D.

Jun 10, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Access
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · 5D II expensive than 6D

Don't forget about collectors, not everyone who purchases cameras actually uses them for photography. Some people just want a piece of history and others are speculating that it will increase in value as time goes on.

Jun 10, 2013 at 06:07 PM
stan23
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · 5D II expensive than 6D

Access wrote:
Don't forget about collectors, not everyone who purchases cameras actually uses them for photography. Some people just want a piece of history and others are speculating that it will increase in value as time goes on.

say wha....

Jun 10, 2013 at 06:10 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · 5D II expensive than 6D

Access wrote:

stan23 wrote:
say wha....

Brain fart - he thought this was the was a Leica forum...

Jun 10, 2013 at 07:12 PM
markshelby
• • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · 5D II expensive than 6D

I've shot 85k photos with the 5Dii, and about 30k with the 6D. The 5Dii has a better feel in the hand and compact flash cards. In every other practical respect the 6D is incrementally better. IMO.

Jun 17, 2013 at 03:47 PM
dm2010

p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · 5D II expensive than 6D

The 5dmk2 is an old model full stop. If I had one I would definitely keep it and use as it is a great quality machine. However, starting from the point of not having a FF camera the 6D is a great opportunity to do it with a very capable camera that has modern features and yes better low light performance than the 5dmk2.

I have my 6D for two months now and have never encountered problems with any of its geatures. It is smaller than the 5dmk2 and in my opinion has equal or better quality results. The only area I see as a limitation is bitrate of the SD card interface, something one would discover only with extremely demanding high rate situations or with the new magic lantern version for RAW video (incidentally the 6D cannot achieve the 5dmk3's data rates and hence no full hd yet).

But as far as photography is concerned I think one should only consider the 5dmk2 only if it was costing way lower than the 6D, something we of course see not happen. And then again it is the issue of all of us enjoying whatever we've got. Any of these models is perfect for going out to shoot!

Jun 18, 2013 at 02:59 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.