Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

narasimhalu

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

My first excursion to posting in the Portraits forum...you folks set a high bar. But this is just for fun and I don't claim to be anything but an amateur. Pictures of my wife & daughter...

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM
GraceNFaith

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

for #1 and #2, I would be wary of the 'squish' face look you get when you rest your head in your hands. Maybe have her gently touch her face or pose her with just her chin resting on her hands. where did you go for the bluebonnet pics? nice pictures btw.

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:44 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

#2 & #3 have different skin colours. #1 & #2 have different flower colours.

Not coincidentally, the whites are "off" in #2 as seen in the white skirt.

Should be an easy fix - white balance change in #2.

#3 has a good feeling - a connection between them - and is my pick of the three.

Apr 21, 2013 at 06:54 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

What's the difference between Bluebonnet and Lupine? They look pretty much the same.

Apr 21, 2013 at 07:47 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

Peter Figen wrote:
What's the difference between Bluebonnet and Lupine? They look pretty much the same.

Easy, Lupine is a werewolf, and Texas Bluebonnets are from the great state of Texas

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:02 AM
pinball
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

she is growing shoes out of her head

Apr 21, 2013 at 07:10 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

My understanding is Lupin or Lupine is a genus of flowering plants, while Bluebonnets are a species of Lupin.
The Bluebonnet is the state flower for Texas.

Texas Bluebonnet in Central Texas

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:04 PM

Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

Okay. That's interesting. When I was shooting in the Texas hill country in '94, I heard a lot of talk of these Texas Bluebonnets, but never saw one, as the season had passed. Now I see them and they look like our Lupine here in California. In the spring, they cover the hills north of L.A. with a beautiful fragrant purple.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:02 PM
bclimey

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

Get rid of the shoes in #1 !!!!!!

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:12 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

Peter, I don't know if you are old enough to remember Lady Bird Johnson (LBJ's wife/First Lady). She began a program in the Texas Hill Country, which spread throughout the state to save and popularize Texas Wildflowers. Since the Bluebonnet is the state flower, it of course receives the most attention. Since then, people drive to places in Texas that have fields of bluebonnets to take photos just as the OP has done. It is a spring tradition here and why there was all the talk about them while you were in the THC.

Come back anytime, and remember Texas bluebonnets begin blooming in March and last until late April. (Keep in mind the schedule may change due to nature!)

Ray

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:13 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

Narasimhalu, the third one is great. I think the composition in the first two are good, sans the shoes; I like your daughter's pose and the second photo; the way your wife and daughter are positioned. Agree with the white balance comments. What I would suggest in the first one is to get the bluebonnets in front of your daughter in focus too, heck, that's why she is there and the same with the second photo.

I don't know what software you are using for the processing, but if you play with the sliders for contrast, blacks and whites, you might find something you like even more.

Beautiful ladies to photograph, you must enjoy photographing them.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:25 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

nice pics,
clone out the shoes on the first!)

Apr 22, 2013 at 09:47 AM
narasimhalu

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Texas Bluebonnets with Family

Great feedback everyone - I really do appreciate it. I was not expecting a bonus round on the flora discussion...irony is that my wife and I discussed the same and believed them to be lupines until we saw them and noticed they are much smaller than the ones we were used to seeing. Unfortunately, the drought has hit the blooms a second year in a row.

Apr 22, 2013 at 05:08 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password