Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Senior shoots

chipiii

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Senior shoots

Well it seems as though I have done my first "paying " senior shoot.
The client is happy with the proofs and now wans to talk about prints or an album. I could have them just buy prints from my SmugMug site but I am curious what you that do a lot of seniors offer besides prints or print packages. Is it now more like a wedding album?
Any of your thoughts would be helpful as I don't do weddings (I don't enjoy them) and have stuck mainly portraits. Thanks

Apr 20, 2013 at 06:20 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Senior shoots

A good album would be something like a book format. Heavy cover and thin pages vs the traditional heavy wedding albums. WHCC makes them, Black River Imaging and I am sure Millers does also. Usually called Press Printed Albums. Push a large 12x12 for the home and a mini 5x5 for mom to carry around. Of course nice die cut with rounded corener wallets are required for exchange with friends etc. Why not do a sample comp card like they use for modeling. $20.00 for 100 and you could triple your money selling at $59.00. You have to make a sample to get the emotion going then they will buy. Talk is cheap and won't sell extras. You should have them come in and view a sample wall size print with a unique crop like a 12x12 square sample. Then sell up to something big like a custom 30x30 square.
Do a video slideshow with the images. Have the girl do a voiceover if it fits her style or just use music. Voiceover does require better audio equipment but that is available for under $100.00 for a Zoom digital recorder plus skill to match the video to voice is just practice.

A 12 month calendar is another upsell. Marathon did offer low runs of about 12 in the past.Great for family members and special friends.

If you can make the mom cry then she will buy so do a sample. Cry=Buy....assuming the work is really good and not awful!

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:38 PM
chipiii

p.1 #3 · Senior shoots

Thanks,

That was a great reply, just what I needed to kick start my thought process. The client is thrilled and is buying a bunch of prints, a book, and a couple of others.
Thanks again,

Chip

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM

jdiperna
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Senior shoots

This is what I use. Great products, great prices, quick turnaround and they provide design software for free.

http://graphistudio.com/en_US/graphibook

Apr 26, 2013 at 02:40 PM
exposedme
• •
p.1 #5 · Senior shoots

jefferies1 wrote:
If you can make the mom cry then she will buy so do a sample. Cry=Buy....assuming the work is really good and not awful!

Love it!!

Apr 26, 2013 at 06:29 PM
exposedme
• •
p.1 #6 · Senior shoots

jdiperna wrote:
This is what I use. Great products, great prices, quick turnaround and they provide design software for free.

http://graphistudio.com/en_US/graphibook

What's the pricing like on these?

Apr 26, 2013 at 06:30 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password