Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Help with a bad memory card

Brad Williams
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Help with a bad memory card

Monday 4/8, I photographed a Bon Jovi concert here in Omaha. That night I grabbed 6 quick photos off the car for immediate processing so they could be turned in that night. Now, about a week and a half later, I went back to download the rest of the card, process any other shots that I want and save them and back them up. However when I went to the sub-folder where the photos should be, all i see is this garbage. Anyone know what could have happened? Are they gone forever? The newspaper I shot these for would also like a few more for their website.

I tried putting the card back in my camera and it shows no images...

Card Info:
SanDisk
Extreme
16GB
60MBS

I have 72GB worth of SanDisk cards and I have never had a problem with them...

Apr 20, 2013 at 04:02 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Help with a bad memory card

There might be something here to help you out.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4985/~/data-recovery-for-memory-cards-and-flash-drives

Apr 20, 2013 at 05:01 PM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #3 · Help with a bad memory card

jcolwell wrote:
There might be something here to help you out.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4985/~/data-recovery-for-memory-cards-and-flash-drives

Wow, $60 to fix their own card!

Thanks for the Link!

Apr 20, 2013 at 05:55 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Help with a bad memory card

You don't have to use the Sandisk tool, there are many others. Unless the policy was changed recently, there is a certificate with a 1-year version included with the better Sandisk cards.

EBH

Apr 20, 2013 at 08:20 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Help with a bad memory card

I had a similar problem with a bunch of cards. Apparently, the computer was corrupting things. I was able to use PC Inspector to recover the jpegs on another computer. I also used a disk wiping program to wipe all my cards just in case.

After the card had been in the bad computer, the camera said it needed formatting. I didn't format, but used PC Inspector in the good computer to rescue the files.

I tried everything I could figure out, but putting the card in the bad computer screwed it up. I thought it was the card, then the camera, but through a process of elimination I found the problem to be the computer. Now the computer is used only for occasional web browsing. The previously "bad" cards now work in the previously "bad" camera.

The symbols you are seeing are the same ones I saw on my cards. I thought maybe a virus, but several scans using internet based sweeps found the computer was clean. You can try reinstalling the operating system and see if that cures it.

Apr 23, 2013 at 07:41 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password