Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Any experience with Primotronix.com

kevinsullivan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any experience with Primotronix.com

They're selling a Canon item I need at a steep discount *and* they appear to have overall "good" (albeit not flawless) feedback on resellerratings.com. Can anyone report positive experiences with them, or negative?
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Primotronix_com

Apr 20, 2013 at 03:01 AM
kezeka
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any experience with Primotronix.com

I would be concerned about buying from any website with a single review that starts off "I am writing this review in order to get a free filter for my new lens i have purchased... "

Sounds like they screwed quite a few people with a bait and switch and are trying to pad their review stats. Why not buy from the Buy/sell forums here? The prices are generally the best around and equipment is in tip top shape. If you can't find it priced similarly on the buy/sell forum here I would definitely be concerned about buying something that is 'new' for less from a less than reputable website.

Apr 20, 2013 at 06:37 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any experience with Primotronix.com

Beware of res3eller ratings reviews. Now that many people have smart phones, the telecom services have hundreds of IP's, so the sellers can have their employees each give a good review (as a different user) each day via their smart phone. Reseller ratings can't tell that it came from the same people because they have a different IP.

The result is that a huge but phoney record of good reviews can be built up.

Apr 20, 2013 at 03:57 PM
kevinsullivan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any experience with Primotronix.com

Yeah. Thanks. In the end I decided a 1.4X III for under $300 is TGTBT. And the reviews are not to be be trusted. There are enough horror stories in there not to want to risk the hassle. So I skipped it.

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

kezeka
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any experience with Primotronix.com

kevinsullivan wrote:
Yeah. Thanks. In the end I decided a 1.4X III for under $300 is TGTBT. And the reviews are not to be be trusted. There are enough horror stories in there not to want to risk the hassle. So I skipped it.

Wise decision amigo. Good luck hunting one down elsewhere!

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:42 AM
dcoetzee

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Any experience with Primotronix.com

I had an experience with Primotronix. I ordered a $900 lens from them in July and they claimed to ship it a few days later, but 7 weeks later I'd never received it. They offered a full refund and 2 weeks later I hadn't received that either. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they offered the refund again, promising it within 10 business days, but again I didn't receive it. I filed a second complaint and called them and they promised it again, and I didn't receive it again. I am out $900 and they are flat out scammers. You made the right call avoiding them.

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Any experience with Primotronix.com

dcoetzee wrote:
I had an experience with Primotronix. I ordered a $900 lens from them in July and they claimed to ship it a few days later, but 7 weeks later I'd never received it. They offered a full refund and 2 weeks later I hadn't received that either. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they offered the refund again, promising it within 10 business days, but again I didn't receive it. I filed a second complaint and called them and they promised it again, and I didn't receive it again. I am out $900 and they are flat out
...Show more

Did you pay by credit card? Card companies will work with their customers in cases such as these.

Nov 04, 2013 at 02:53 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password