Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2013 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

John S. Hudson
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

Imagemaster wrote:
I think the uneducated writer meant meters and feet.

See, you do find it funny.

Apr 19, 2013 at 07:32 PM
dbenjamin

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

Someone earlier correctly linked to the Tuscan whole milk, which I believe was the original sarcastic review item on Amazon. My personal favorite, however, is the book "How to avoid huge ships". Some of these reviews are priceless

http://www.amazon.com/Avoid-Huge-Ships-John-Trimmer/product-reviews/0870334336/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM
sritri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

funny

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM
tsdevine
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

I laughed so hard I cried.

dbenjamin wrote:
Someone earlier correctly linked to the Tuscan whole milk, which I believe was the original sarcastic review item on Amazon. My personal favorite, however, is the book "How to avoid huge ships". Some of these reviews are priceless

http://www.amazon.com/Avoid-Huge-Ships-John-Trimmer/product-reviews/0870334336/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Apr 20, 2013 at 01:03 AM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

Somewhere are hysterically funny reviews of multi $1000s HiFi cable interconnects. Basically, the reaction of people strange to the stratospheric cost of specialized tools of incomprehensible, to them, cost.

Apr 20, 2013 at 02:48 AM
tsdevine
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

There's this one...not as funny as the avoiding huge ships though...

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-0mm-Black-MSLP16-Blk/product-reviews/B004F9QBE6/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Joseph Garcin
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

I watched a pleasure boat get swamped by the USS Tarawa in the channel in San Diego. Apparently some people really do need books on how to avoid huge ships. Some people do not understand that haze grey and underway plus 5 short blasts means you are going to have to call your insurance agent shortly at the best, or the funeral home if you are not a strong swimmer.

I do find the 800mm review to be not really funny, except that converting yards to feet and not being Canadian gag. That was pretty good.

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM
outlawyer
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

The reviews of the Zenith Defy Tourbillon caused much mirth over on the watch forum.
http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B001K3IXW8/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1
And of course the classic "Three Wolf T-Shirt"

Edited on Apr 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM · View previous versions

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM
tsdevine
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

I'm sure there is value in the book....but the humor in the reviews was funny nonetheless.

Joseph Garcin wrote:
I watched a pleasure boat get swamped by the USS Tarawa in the channel in San Diego. Apparently some people really do need books on how to avoid huge ships. Some people do not understand that haze grey and underway plus 5 short blasts means you are going to have to call your insurance agent shortly at the best, or the funeral home if you are not a strong swimmer.

I do find the 800mm review to be not really funny, except that converting yards to feet and not being Canadian gag. That was pretty good.

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

Guess Im young enough to find this bit funny.

Apr 20, 2013 at 01:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

It's clearly an attempt at humor, albeit a poorly executed one.

EBH

Apr 22, 2013 at 04:22 AM
RazorTM
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

Hey FM forums, why so serious?

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:08 PM
John S. Hudson
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

tsdevine wrote:
There's this one...not as funny as the avoiding huge ships though...

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-0mm-Black-MSLP16-Blk/product-reviews/B004F9QBE6/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Man, I am loving all of these sarcastic reviews. The huge ships one is fantastic

Apr 22, 2013 at 02:54 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

John S. Hudson wrote:
Man, I am loving all of these sarcastic reviews. The huge ships one is fantastic

PL: Well, Denham, it was beauty, personality and intelligence that got him.
CD: Oh no, it wasn't beauty, personality and intelligence. It was BIC Cristal For Her killed the beast.

Apr 22, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

I bought How to Avoid Huge Ships as a companion to Captain Trimmer's other excellent titles: How to Avoid a Train, and How to Avoid the Empire State Building. These books are fast paced, well written and the hard won knowledge found in them is as inspirational as it is informational. After reading them I haven't been hit by anything bigger than a diesel bus. Thanks captain!

hahaahhaaaaa

Apr 22, 2013 at 06:15 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

BluesWest wrote:
+1. Only an adolescent male could see that review as funny. The news is filled with real incidents involving men stalking women, and they always end badly.

In fact, I'm going to head over to Amazon right now and report that review to get it removed.

John

Wow, you guys need to lighten up.

Apr 22, 2013 at 08:18 PM
kezeka
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

Good god I am studying in a coffee shop, reading through the "how to avoid big ships" reviews made me start crying while holding back laughter.

I hope I don't grow too old to have a sense of humor - these are hilarious.

Apr 22, 2013 at 08:45 PM
verbiage
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

For some reason, it's the Avoiding Huge Ships reviews that I'm finding not funny at all. I guess relatively few of us have been close to busy shipping lanes in small craft to appreciate the danger. I am sure a yachting forum somewhere would have a very different take on this.

No, I'm not one of them - my money is tied up in photo gear

Apr 22, 2013 at 09:22 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

As we stray further ;-) I would like to offer the well-known Amazon.co.uk reviews for
Veet hair remover which are nearly legendary by this point.

In particular, the January 24th, 2012 review.

Apr 22, 2013 at 09:55 PM
dbenjamin

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Canon 800mm review on Amazon

Glad (some of) you guys enjoyed the huge ships reviews. To the ones that didn't, I can only quote one of the reviews -

"I'm a little annoyed with the sarcastic "reviewers" of this book. You all seem to think it's funny that some people would honestly like some expert advice on ways to avoid huge ships. What, you've never been traveling at a very, very slow speed straight toward something really, really big that you could see for miles and miles away, and wished you'd known what steps you could take to avoid crashing into it? Well, all I can say is "congratulations!" What's it like to be so perfect? You haters just keep on enjoying your huge-ship-collision-free little fantasies. I for one am going to buy this book and learn something, because I live in the real world, where huge ships and the dangers they present to people like me are actually a serious issue."

Apr 24, 2013 at 04:39 AM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password