Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · confused with 600ex-rt

njphotog75

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · confused with 600ex-rt

so i just picked up a few 600ex-rt flashes. what i'm trying to do is have one flash on each of my camera's (a mark ii and a mark iii). i'd like each flash on the camera to be master flash and i'd like to be able to shoot them in regular ettl. i want to place the third flash off camera as a slave and use it in manual mode. so id like to be able to control the slave flash with both my camera's. i will be keeping the slave at a constant power (maybe 1/16th). can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so how to set this up. thanks!

Apr 19, 2013 at 02:36 AM
Binh Ly
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · confused with 600ex-rt

You can use Group Mode - Page 65 in your manual. Works with the 5D III. I do not believe you can use this mode simultaneously with the older 5D II, but it is worth a try. It definitely works with the 5DIII - I do it all the time.

Apr 19, 2013 at 02:47 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · confused with 600ex-rt

Because the 5D II will only trigger the 600 using optical mode (not radio), I think you will need to use that with the 5D III as well. The off camera flash should respond to both on camera flashes as long as they're in the same trigger mode.

Apr 19, 2013 at 03:22 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · confused with 600ex-rt

Photon wrote:
Because the 5D II will only trigger the 600 using optical mode (not radio), I think you will need to use that with the 5D III as well. The off camera flash should respond to both on camera flashes as long as they're in the same trigger mode.

I don't think that's correct . You can master/slave with radio on older bodies . The max sync speed may be slower though (although I think canon have been a bit conservative in saying that as many report sync at max sync speed )

Apr 19, 2013 at 08:36 AM
James Taylor
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · confused with 600ex-rt

Yes, the 5DMKII will fire the 600EX in radio mode. It will also fire faster then the max sync speed. It really is a wonderful system. Even with the 5DMKII.

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:27 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password