New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Right Brain/Left Brain?

DGC1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Right Brain/Left Brain?

A friend and I both noticed this. If I look through the viewfinder with my left eye, the scene (outdoors) appears cool while with the right eye it appears warm. Is this normal?

Apr 18, 2013 at 09:27 PM
Wobble
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Right Brain/Left Brain?

Sounds like cataract surgery is in your futures due to clouding of your eye's lens. I experience the same thing and will have to get the procedure done on my other eye when it too becomes dark.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Right Brain/Left Brain?

This phenomenon is widely reported, even in young folks with no evidence of lens defects. The exact cause is unknown. Some animal studies suggest that it is due to light exposure being different between the eyes shortly after birth, leading to a slight difference between the sensitivity of the retina in one eye compared to the other. Usually, the difference in color perception between the eyes is relatively minor. Other studies suggest that the effect in the visual cortex of the brain. By the way, unless you don't have an optic chiasm, nerve impulses from each eye travel to both sides of the brain.

Apr 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.