Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

RockStar5150

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

Comments PLEASE

http://rockstarprophotography.com/gallery/alicia-keys-joe-louis-arena-detroit-mi-april-17th-2013/

Apr 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM
poshyp
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

Oh yeah, this girl can sing. Nice.

Apr 19, 2013 at 02:34 AM
papageno
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

One recognizable, iconic picture would be (IMHO) much more effective....

You are not a complete pro until you can effectively edit your work. Or did someone do this to you?

Apr 19, 2013 at 05:20 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

nice set

Apr 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM
RockStar5150

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

papageno... I added all thoughs shots for my website... PLUS I syndicate with GETTY... Her management wants to approve them BEFORE I upload to GETTY... So I added all of them to give them more to choose from....

As far as being a PRO... How much more professional does one have to be when they shoot for GETTY IMAGES? ALSO with about 20+covers with National Mags and 100's if not 1000's of pics published in National Mags would classify me as a professional?

Apr 19, 2013 at 02:36 PM

papageno
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

Sorry, no negatives intended towards you.

When I clicked on the link I took the contact sheet to be a finished presentation and didn't like it in that role.

In that context, the message I got was either that you couldn't effectively edit your pix or that a designer/art director had gone mad, which is always possible.

I went back and looked more closely and found a number of nice shots forming an excellent presentation. Hope you get to use them all!

I've done a lot of similar shooting in my career and hope that anyone viewing your images can appreciate how difficult this kind of shooting can be. Besides the mechanics of such shooting (varying light and lots of movement) you have to be very decisive. Clearly you have a good handle on the process.

Apr 21, 2013 at 02:54 AM
RockStar5150

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

Thanks for the reply... I have been busting my B*LLS along time to get where I am at... Shooting concerts (All most every show that comes thru Detroit and surrounding ares) is not an easy thing, PLUS very expensive (Gas, Parking and Top notch cameras gear to accommodate crappy lighting conditions).... But with GETTY they wont take pics if I sign a release with band management... But I talked to PR dept for Alicia and they are willing to waive the release, but want to see MY selects first.... So I am waiting to hear back STILL....

Apr 21, 2013 at 03:01 PM
rntbot

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

Very Nice!!!

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM
kezeka
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Alicia Keys - Detroit, MI - April 17th 2013

Very well composed images. Might have tried to get a few from stage left with her singing into the mic but otherwise this is an excellent group of photos. Best of luck hearing back from her manager/tour manager/whoever - I always get frustrated dealing with the communications lag.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password