Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · flash bracket suggestions for this setup

SwampYankee

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · flash bracket suggestions for this setup

Greetings,
old photographer but just putting my toes into macro. I have quickly figured out that I may have to sometimes supplement natural light. I'd like to start with flower pictures. I have a Canon 5DIII, 100mm 288L macro and a first generation 580EX flash with the off camera cord. I'd like to get the flash closer to the front of the lens. I can figure out some method of diffusing the light. The Canon tripod ring looked expnsive for what you get. What flash bracket would you folks recommend that would allow the flash to be mounted a bit closer to the front of the lens?
thanks

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM
bladesofgrass
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · flash bracket suggestions for this setup

you'll need an oce3 off shoe cord, or else an Ste transmitter, the former can be bought cheaply off-brand. There's also the option of a PC synch cord though I'm not sure the 580 has a slot for this. For the bracket itself you can always find something cheap on Ebay, like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Adjustable-Magic-Arm-For-Camera-DSLR-RIG-Z96-LED-LF-E092-/151029736059?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232a12e27b . Or else you can mod something yourself.

Paul

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password