Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

rob4bama
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

Any suggestions on improving this picture? I didn't know what to do with the banner. I thought it added to the old school look. I know there are creative people here with good suggestions. Thanks!

Old by Section Sports Pix, on Flickr

Apr 18, 2013 at 03:26 AM
cmpdesignz2010
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

You're off to a great start. I really like it. I would try some type of stroke on the text at the top to match the little flag. Also I'd like to see the little flag on the right side by the bottom but overlapping the player. Just my .02.

Apr 18, 2013 at 05:25 AM
mikepmcs
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

Wow, looks great! The suggestions above should cover it. The first thing I noticed was the little pennant looked a little out of place. Great processing. If you felt like experimenting you could add a little noise to the whole thing and do another quick color overlay on the whole thing to further merge the player and mound into the whole deal.
I really like that particular texture you used.

Regardless it really looks nice!!!!

Apr 18, 2013 at 04:21 PM
James Broome
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

My eye keeps getting drawn to the player in the outfield. That's my biggest distraction by far.

Love the work overall. Great colors. The low saturation works well here.

Apr 18, 2013 at 04:31 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

James Broome wrote:
My eye keeps getting drawn to the player in the outfield. That's my biggest distraction by far.

Love the work overall. Great colors. The low saturation works well here.

Expanding on James thought. I by the layout am being drawn to the left border of the poster.

Ted

Apr 18, 2013 at 04:37 PM
Tom D
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

I'll add rotating the image to level that line on the outfield wall, along with moving he pitcher farther to the right.

Great looking poster...

Apr 18, 2013 at 05:18 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

Level the b/g & desaturate the outfielder and you are Golden...!!!

Apr 18, 2013 at 05:33 PM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

Did you buy this as a kit (background layers, fonts, etc) or did you make this?

I liked it, my wife said 'ehhe'. I like the old time feel. I did a search for old baseball cards and was surprised not to see something like this.

I agree with the desaturate the outfielder. Personal opinion, shrink the overhead font, and try to get rid of some space you have on the right.

Apr 19, 2013 at 08:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rob4bama
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

I'll work on all the suggestions! Thanks! I didn't buy anything. Just goofing around with layers.

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:57 AM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

Really like the background effect and the top text, looks great. I think that you could either mover the banner up a bit and cover the outfielder or move it to the bottom lower right corner. Another oiption would be to remove the banner all together and put a horizontal text strip/logo down accross the bottom.

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:05 AM
rob4bama
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

heath by Section Sports Pix, on Flickr

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:52 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

Couple of observations.

1. Losing the outfielder makes a big difference in this photo; however, there now is a more glaring lack of "treatment layer" on the left. See how much dark brown there is there without the lighter tan overlay. Looks to me that like it could use the same brush treatment you used on the right-hand portion of the poster.

2. I wasn't crazy about the pennant that you used the first time, but I really don't like the font you picked for the pitcher's name in the updated version. To me, it doesn't pair well with the soft, curvy lines of the script font at the top. See if you can find something a little less linear. Also, I personally like to have the player's first and last name.

3. Once you decide on the font for the bottom, see if you can give it a little more breathing room down there. Looks scrunched to the bottom and to the left of your poster. Can you move the main image up? Less outfield background and a little more mound? That would help balance things out.

On final suggestion for the name, have you tried turning it "uphill" by thirty degrees just like you have for Section Lioins? Turn it uphill and move it to the right and you might light the feeling of mirrored symmetry with the top and bottom. Might give a little more left-right balance as well.

Just a few things to ponder. Don't get me wrong, I really really like what you have designed here. Love the warm earthy tones you have used -- think they are perfect for baseball. I think you are really really close.

Rick

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

I like the original better. I just think you need to move that banner into the lower right corner. It will balance better there. The lines then follow from upper left, through the pitcher, down into the lower right.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM
BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

I agree with what Paul said. I like the first version better, but move the pennant to the lower right and make it smaller, straighter the outfield homerun line and clone the outfielder out of the background. Nice work!

Billy-

Apr 24, 2013 at 06:33 PM
rob4bama
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Photoshop Poster Suggestions

Thanks for the feedback! Since people offering advice on posters I had a parent request another poster. She'll probably pick one of the following:

Chapman3 by Section Sports Pix, on Flickr

Chapman2 by Section Sports Pix, on Flickr

Chapman by Section Sports Pix, on Flickr

I only have one picture of him batting unfortunately. I really think a new Poster thread should be started. Thanks!

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:24 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password