Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Peru- Sacred Valley of the Inca

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Peru- Sacred Valley of the Inca

A couple hour's drive from the ancient city of Cuzco. Elevation about 11,000 feet in the Andes Mountains.
I flew from Lima's sea level to Cuzco. Two days later the headaches stopped and I could walk more that 100 yards without breathing hard.
A more gradual rise is better if you're going to walk much .
An all-day VW van excursion taken through a local travel agency hit many of the highlights in the Sacred Valley.

Charlie Shugart 2013

Peru- Sacred Valley of the Inca

Apr 18, 2013 at 01:42 AM
Dougo
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Peru- Sacred Valley of the Inca

Terrific detail in this Charlie, the bigger size looks good too or is just my eyes.

Cheers Ray

Apr 18, 2013 at 03:34 AM
CDaescher
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Peru- Sacred Valley of the Inca

Very nice comp and contrast. I like this a lot, Charlie.
Chris

Apr 19, 2013 at 09:30 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Peru- Sacred Valley of the Inca

Thanks Ray and Chris.
That one section of road below was about the only paved road we took. The minute we headed into the hills, the roads became dirt- and quite narrow.
Returning to Cuzco in the dark was quite the thrill: narrow dirt roads on the sides of a mountain in a van driven by a nice Peruvian man with marginal driving skills.
I kid you not: he drove in the (moonless) dark with his headlights OFF. The only time he switched them on was when we occasionally met an oncoming car- at which time both drivers switched their lights on, effectively blinding each other.
Other evidence of his "skill:" Throughout the day- every few minutes he would switch the windshield wipers on for a couple of swipes, even though it was not raining or foggy or anything like that.
He would frequently shift gears (manual-shift and brand new VW van), even though there was no need to shift them.
It was as though he thought he should do SOMETHING every few minutes, whether it was needed or not.
It's humorous now- sitting safely in my home- but I assure you that 30 years ago- being on a narrow dirt road high in the Andes and at night, these little foibles were not amusing.
But if you've ever taken public transportation in Latin America- you know it's par for the course.
The people are lovely, friendly and infinitely likable.... 19th century folks .
Charlie

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:05 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password