Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D800 Battery Issue?

locomacdaddy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · D800 Battery Issue?

Hey guys, Search didn't find anything so I'm wondering if it's not common...

I just got out my D800 after some time of not being used and the battery was dead. Charged it up, and it's dead by the next day (just sitting-not shooting). OK, I thought my battery had gone bad and ordered a new one. Fully charged the new one and the same result. Noticed that when I turn the camera off the "writing to the card" light starts blinking and doesn't stop, apparently until the battery is dead. If I just leave the camera on- all is good. Crazy! For now I'm just leaving the camera on.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this issue? Thought I'd check before I have to call Nikon Service. Thanks much!

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · D800 Battery Issue?

That's pretty strange behavior indeed! Try blowing off the contacts in the body, sure doesn't
sound like a battery issue. FWIW I never turn off any of my Nikon cameras. Good luck w/service

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · D800 Battery Issue?

You might try the firmware update first, if you haven't done it yet. My D800e used to do that occasionally, with the non stop blinking light. I think it was supposed to fix it.

Apr 17, 2013 at 02:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

locomacdaddy
• •
p.1 #4 · D800 Battery Issue?

Thanks for the input guys. Ironically, I just updated the firmware...I'll check with NIkon to see whats up.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #5 · D800 Battery Issue?

I have 4 batteries for the D800/D600 and not one has an issue. Sounds camera-related rather than the battery though. Good luck solving the problem, hope it's nothing major.

Apr 18, 2013 at 04:19 AM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #6 · D800 Battery Issue?

It happens to my D800E from time to time. The green light indicating flushing to cards is on even though the last shutter was triggered more than ten minutes ago. Nikon said its newer firmware would fix the issue but it hasn't. A few trips back to Nikon didn't change its behavior. What I normally do is to make sure the green light is not on before it gets shut down. If it's still on, I simply open the battery door and get the battery out manually for a brutal shutdown. That should take care of it.

Apr 18, 2013 at 05:02 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password