Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · How A Real Retoucher Retouches.

mshi
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · How A Real Retoucher Retouches.

video: Amy Dresser 2012 talk

http://vimeo.com/51250775

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #2 · How A Real Retoucher Retouches.

She's not exactly a riveting public speaker, but the work pretty much speaks for itself. I do find myself wondering what the photographers actually do. My ignorance I'm sure.

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:45 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #3 · How A Real Retoucher Retouches.

15Bit wrote:
She's not exactly a riveting public speaker, but the work pretty much speaks for itself. I do find myself wondering what the photographers actually do. My ignorance I'm sure.

She started as Gill Greenburg's staff retoucher in early 2000s before she went on as a freelance later on her own. She openly said many times that she didn't know what she was doing back then. I have watched some of her retouching workshop videos in the past. What amazes me is not her Photoshop techniques since those are very basic and she only uses a very small set of tools inside Photoshop; rather, it's her unique grasp on light/color/saturation. What I mean by that is her eyes can spot even a very tiny and slight difference in brightness levels, color and saturation without using any help. That's a rare talent in the retouching world. She works for any photographers now.

some of her very early retouching work of Gill Greenburg's images:

http://tinyurl.com/bmop52m

Apr 16, 2013 at 05:23 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password