Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · First post! Bag help!!!

0zerec

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · First post! Bag help!!!

My first post here so without further a due...

Now I'm not the type of guy to take every piece of gear I own to every job, but I'm looking for a bag I can grow into, or at least throw everything I have in it and go if need be.

My kit so far:

D600 gripped, 24-85mm 2.8-4 d, 24mm, 50mm, sb-910, sb-700, charger, and some small stuff like Filters, cards, phone, note pad, possibly iPad...

I was looking at the Crumpler 7 million dollar home, or the lowepro adventura 170... If there are any other bags I'm overlooking let me know. I prefer a messenger style bag that I can work out of. I have the Manfrotto Unica VII and the Adventura 140 but they're both too small for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Apr 16, 2013 at 06:50 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · First post! Bag help!!!

Bags are a lot like clothes... Everyone likes something different, and what one person likes another person hates.

That said, I am a cheapskate and I have never bought a new bag. Part of that is because I don't know if I will like it or keep it. eBay, Craigslist, and buy/sell are my sources.

I have two sizes of the tamrac velocity and I really like it, but I think that would be a bit small and things would not fit wellfor what you want to carry.

I keep all my equipment in a big pelican, and I have about 6 different bags I will use depending on what I want to take and what type of shooting I will be doing. Indoor sports is usually one body and lens in a simple shoulder bag. I dump the bag under a table or leave it in my car and go with a blackrapid style strap. If I am doing a photo walk type of shooting, the velocity bags can carry quite a bit and be easily accessed without setting the bag down. If I am shooting t&i, I have a tamrac backpack that will hold all kinds of redundant stuff like extra body, extra remotes, another lens, batteries, iPad, etc.

So in summary, it really depends...

Paul

Apr 16, 2013 at 01:04 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #3 · First post! Bag help!!!

0zerec wrote:
My first post here so without further a due...

I think you mean "without further ado."

Apr 16, 2013 at 02:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

0zerec

p.1 #4 · First post! Bag help!!!

Stupid iPhone autocorrect :P

Apr 16, 2013 at 03:02 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #5 · First post! Bag help!!!

0zerec wrote:
Stupid iPhone autocorrect :P

One day, I said "Siri, you are stupid." She did not deny my allegation or contest it, she merely said "now, now." YMMV

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:28 PM
GroovyGeek
• • •
p.1 #6 · First post! Bag help!!!

DanBrown wrote:
One day, I said "Siri, you are stupid." She did not deny my allegation or contest it, she merely said "now, now." YMMV

Talking to a machine? I am not sure Siri is the stupid one :-)

Photo bags are to men what shoes are to women. You need a different one for every camera and every occasion. I have an F-stop Loka for most of my day hikes. An Osprey Aether 60 with a Mountainsmith Cube for multi-day affairs. A Jansport Katahdin that I put inside the Osprey if I know I will be making day trips from a base camp. A Lowepro Flipside 200 for when I am going out for a while with just two lenses and will not be taking a tripod. And at least two others that I can't remember right now. To reach this steady state I have tried at least two Katas, a couple of TTs, some Tamracs, at least half a dozen Lowepros. I am pretty amazed that I have not bought a new pack in the past two years. Guess this means that what I have now finally meets my needs.

Apr 17, 2013 at 06:47 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password