Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · shooting track question

irlfan82

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · shooting track question

I have a D7000 and i was asked to shoot a local high school track meet. My question is there any tips that any one can give me for this kind of shooting. I will more then likely be using my Tamron 70-200 2.8 and either my tripod or at least my mono pod. Im also not sure what would be a reasonable price to charge for this. Thanks

Apr 16, 2013 at 01:10 AM
Next39
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · shooting track question

A tripod won't work for shooting sports you're constantly on the move and it becomes a tripping hazard for those around you. IMO, I don't see a great need for a monopod with a 70-200 as your shutter speed will be plenty high to freeze the action, but can be beneficial for tracking. That's more of a personal preference with lighter lenses.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Kyyo24
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · shooting track question

The 70-200 is light enough to hand hold and your shutter speed will be more than high nough to freeze action. Id leave them both at home

Apr 17, 2013 at 04:11 AM
scottam10
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · shooting track question

Watch your background (applies to all sports shooting), try to find a clean BG free of fencing and other clutter

Get low (eg kneeling on the ground), this is often a better angle than shooting down from the stands

Try a variety of shots eg front on (single person), wider angle to include a few runners, panning with slower shutter speed etc.

Apr 17, 2013 at 04:23 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password