New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

LR v5 Beta - System Requirements; Win7 or Win8 ONLY, Vista has apparently been dropped...

Apr 17, 2013 at 06:32 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

finally downloaded the beta and installed in on my Windows 8 machine that has 8GB RAM. I did a test run on a small catalog with 420 14-bit uncompressed D700 raw files, just some auto lens correction and curves in RGB channels. Nothing major and export. This thing is terribly engineered because the program used almost 6GB of memory most of time before it finally dropped down to 2 to 3 GB memory usage after it almost finished the export. Out of curiosity, I took a good at its engineering team portrait from About window. Out of total 19 engineering members, it seems like 14 are PRC professionals based on the names listed. LR has been coded in China?

Apr 17, 2013 at 09:16 PM
sjordan93436
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Curses. The bug I have from 4.3 is still not fixed. I select by keyword and edit in photoshop. LR does not index the keywords. So when I get back from photoshop the image is in the folder with the keyword. The keyword is not recognized by LR.

I work around that by always going to the folder before editing in CS6 (if I remember). If I forget it is a little ugly.

Apr 18, 2013 at 05:39 PM
shaunmlavery
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

I've tried downloading yesterday and today and cant get it to open on my mac. I'm running 10.8.3. Any one else with these issues?

Apr 18, 2013 at 08:56 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Download works fine on my macbook pro just now installed.

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
mtbakerskier
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Looks to be a lot of fluff.... Seems like it would have made more sense to to the time and effort into allowing us to run it off of a server with multiple users.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

mshi wrote:
LR has been coded in China?

Great. Now it steals your identity along with hogging your computer's resources.

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Ho1972 wrote:
Great. Now it steals your identity along with hogging your computer's resources.

Not impressed to say the least. Uninstalled it and feel happier with C1.

Apr 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

I have C1, PS6, DXO, DPP, IDC, and NX2. I am finding that LR5 is the first version of LR that I would ever consider adding to or replacing any or all of the above. Remember it is a Beta! Over the years I have tried all of the offerings from the software developers and for landscape workflow DXO is still in first place.

If LR5 release is as good as it appears to become, it could easily replace all of the above due to its context removal brush and excellent deconvolution. The auto blur correction which is coming in ACR 8.1 appears to be as good as Focus Magic and if implemented in LR5 will make a great improvement in handheld images.

Apr 19, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Mitchell Carter
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

slrl0ver wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone confirm if it run on Snow Leopard (10.6.x)? I saw a previous post that it required Lion.

Thanks,
slrl0ver

Yep, at least 10.7 is required to install it. That was my experience with a MBP running Snow Leopard.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

10.8 finally cured most of the ills I had with earlier versions. Much fewer beachballs, and Samba finally works correctly. Why would you not update?

May 05, 2013 at 08:39 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

I have it on my rebuilt PC..still runs SLOWLY. My PC has nothing installed on it. It's got 8GB of RAM, a quad core AMD processor, a brand new 7200rpm 500GB SATAII Seagate drive. Very disappointing still.

May 06, 2013 at 08:18 AM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.