Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Lightroom 5 Beta is here...
Adobe Lightroom 5 beta builds on the vision of the very first Lightroom beta. From day 1, Lightroom was designed for photographers and by photographers to help them focus on what they love, the art and craft of photography.

To test Lightroom 5 Public Beta, you are not required to own a previous version of Lightroom. Just download it and try it out until it expires on June 30, 2013.

Download Lightroom 5 Beta | Watch Lightroom 5 beta videos

New Features in Lightroom 5 Beta:
  • Advanced Healing Brush – Easily remove objects and fix defects—even those with irregular shapes such as threads or lint—with a single brush stroke. Take precise control over what's being removed as you make unwanted objects just disappear.

• Upright – Straighten tilted images with a single click. Upright analyzes images and detects skewed horizontal or vertical lines. You choose one of four correction methods, and Upright can even straighten images where the horizon is hidden.

• Radial Gradient – Lead your viewer's eye through your images with more flexibility and control. The radial gradient tool lets you create off-center vignette effects, or multiple vignette areas within a single image.

• Offline editing with Smart Previews – Easily work with images without bringing your entire library with you. Just generate smaller stand-in files called Smart Previews. Make adjustments or metadata additions to Smart Previews and your changes will be automatically applied to the full-size originals later.

• Video slideshow sharing – Easily share your work in elegant video slideshows. Combine still images, video clips, and music in creative HD videos that can be viewed on almost any computer or device.

• Improved photo book creation – Create beautiful photo books from your images. Lightroom includes a variety of easy-to-use book templates, and now you can edit them to create a customized look. Upload your book for printing with just a few clicks.

Apr 15, 2013 at 07:54 PM
James_N
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Adobe just released Lightroom 5 Beta; its now available for downloading from Adobe Labs: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5/

And here's an article from the developers discussing the enhancements/changes: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/04/lightroom-5-beta-now-available.html

Apr 15, 2013 at 07:42 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

all you need here is 50mm.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/files/2013/04/LR5Beta_Upright1.jpg

Apr 15, 2013 at 08:06 PM
robinlee
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Fred, just noticed some error

"This beta version expires on June 30, 2012."

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:27 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

can both 4 and 5 coexist?

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:41 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Sunny Sra wrote:

Most likely . When 4 was beta it sat alongside 3 without issue .

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:44 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Sunny Sra wrote:

yes ..yes they can

This download will install Lightroom 5 beta and will work independently alongside your installation of Lightroom 1 or higher.. The beta version is intended to provide an opportunity to give feedback and as such, does not read, upgrade or import catalogs from previous versions of Lightroom. If you currently own Lightroom, please continue to use Lightroom 1 or higher for your primary workflow needs.

When you install Lightroom 5 beta, the software will remain active through June 2013. Once the final version of Lightroom 5 is available, please follow the new installation instructions.

Note: This is a public beta, not a final product. Neither the quality nor the features are complete yet. We want to show you our direction and get your feedback so that we can incorporate it into future releases. This public beta release does not include all of the features that will be part of Lightroom 5, but instead gives you a preview of some of the new features.

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:45 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

mshi wrote:
all you need here is 50mm.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/files/2013/04/LR5Beta_Upright1.jpg

That's pretty impressive .

I'll have to download this tomorrow to play with

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:47 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

robinlee wrote:
Fred, just noticed some error

"This beta version expires on June 30, 2012."

Thanks!

Apr 15, 2013 at 09:48 PM
kezeka
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

LR4 and 5 can coexist - just don't update your LR4 catalog to LR5 - made this mistake in the past and got hosed.

Lr5 is SIGNIFICANTLY faster on my i7 16gb ram thunderbolt SSD setup than Lr4. We are talking lr3 speeds here. HUGE improvement in performance.

Apr 17, 2013 at 01:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

doowop42
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

It's a small upgrade while LR4 is still young. How much will they want to upgrade?

Apr 17, 2013 at 01:20 AM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Here is a you tube demo. NICE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uig0j3nb3uc

Apr 17, 2013 at 02:20 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

kezeka wrote:
Lr5 is SIGNIFICANTLY faster on my i7 16gb ram thunderbolt SSD setup than Lr4. We are talking lr3 speeds here. HUGE improvement in performance.

That's a huge thing . Given how 1st beta releases are not normally that great (lr4 beta was near unusable) that really does bode well for the future .

Looking forward to getting an opportunity to play with LR5

Apr 17, 2013 at 06:13 AM
ggreene
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

kezeka wrote:

While the new features are nice this is the biggest thing for me. Performance of LR4 on my i7 18GB SSD system has been pretty slow compared to LR3. I'll have to definitely give the BETA a test drive.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
slrl0ver
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if it run on Snow Leopard (10.6.x)? I saw a previous post that it required Lion.

Thanks,
slrl0ver

Apr 17, 2013 at 06:18 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

That auto upright feature looks pretty impressive, although I'm curious if there's any difference from me just doing it manually. Good to see they are letting you customize the healing brush tool. Also good to hear it could potentially run faster than LR4. I might have to give it a whirl.

Apr 17, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

After trying it out LR5b for a day, to me, the best new features are:

- Noticeable speed increase,
- Smart Previews -- Great feature for photographers editing offline files during trips without their external hard drive attached.
- New clone/heal brush -- This is huge because photographers may skip Photoshop all together for this task,
- Radial gradient is awesome and provides more options for creative editing,
- Visualizing hard to see dust spots,
- New auto level/upright feature is a great time saver and works very well.

Lastly, it nice to be able to save Book templates and add video to our LR Slideshows.

The Basic and Detail panels seem to work like LR4. Camera calibration and profiles seem to be the same as well.

Apr 17, 2013 at 07:34 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

Fred Miranda wrote:
After trying it out LR5b for a day, to me, the best new features are:
- Noticeable speed increase,
- New clone/heal brush -- this is huge because photographers may skip Photoshop all together for this task,
- Radial gradient is awesome and provides more options for creative editing,
- Visualizing hard to see dust spots,
- New auto level/upright feature is a great time saver and works very well.
Lastly, it nice to be able to save a book templates and add video to our slideshows.

Does it produce better color compared to Nikon CNX2 or C1?

Apr 17, 2013 at 07:37 PM
shaunmlavery
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

mshi wrote:
Does it produce better color compared to Nikon CNX2 or C1?

Thats what I'm questioning. I will have to download the beta to give it a go. I have Capture One 7 currently and it runs s l o w most of the times on my i7 mac with 20gb of ram. Its really stupid. It makes me want to say the heck with it and just got to adobe. Now, this isn't emotional or anything, I'm certified in capture one so I have a dog in the fight but time is money.

Off to download LR5. God, please bless me with patience with the LR interface. My brain thinks like Capture One.

Apr 17, 2013 at 09:32 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Lightroom 5 Beta available for download

shaunmlavery wrote:
Thats what I'm questioning. I will have to download the beta to give it a go. I have Capture One 7 currently and it runs s l o w most of the times on my i7 mac with 20gb of ram. Its really stupid. It makes me want to say the heck with it and just got to adobe. Now, this isn't emotional or anything, I'm certified in capture one so I have a dog in the fight but time is money.

Off to download LR5. God, please bless me with patience with the LR interface. My brain thinks
...Show more

My C1 runs super fast (compared to LR4) on my Windows 8 PC equipped with 8GB RAM since I don't use any catalog mode at all and everything is in session mode. Perhaps you should take a closer look at C1.

Apr 17, 2013 at 09:43 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password