Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Recommend me a RRS quick release plate

ITR010342

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Recommend me a RRS quick release plate

I have a 1D Mark IV with the L-bracket by RRS. Someone recommend me a model of RRS quick release that I can mount to the male end of a tripod. Having trouble picking the one I need out! Thanks!

Apr 15, 2013 at 04:33 PM
lukeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Recommend me a RRS quick release plate

http://reallyrightstuff.com/Items.aspx?code=ClampsLR&key=cat

Apr 15, 2013 at 04:45 PM
Genes Home
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Recommend me a RRS quick release plate

I love the Lever models. Fast and very positive locking. Have never had a problem with them.

Gene

Apr 15, 2013 at 04:47 PM
mitesh
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Recommend me a RRS quick release plate

What kind of tripod do you have and what kind of mounting screw (3/8" or something else?). When you look at their catalog of clamps, you'll notice that you need to select one that accepts whatever type mounting screw your tripod has.

That said, I also like their lever-release clamps for ease of use. They feel just as secure as the screw-type clamps.

Apr 15, 2013 at 05:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Recommend me a RRS quick release plate

Here's my RRS BR LR II clamp on a RRS MH-01 monopod head (which is clamped in an RRS B2-Pro II clamp, on a Manfrotto Neo-tec monopod), and a slightly earlier version of the same BR LR II clamp on a Feisol CM-1471 Rapid, at least I think

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=B2-LR-II&type=0&eq=&desc=B2-LR-II%3a-60mm-LR-clamp-with-dual-mount&key=it

P.S. I thought you were talking about monopods. I have the same BR LR II clamp on my Manfrotto 410 geared head (with Hejnar 410 RC4 plate replacement). I use a Wimberley C-10 knob clamp on my Manfrotto 468MG head (it replaces the Manfrotto QR platform).

Apr 15, 2013 at 05:15 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Recommend me a RRS quick release plate

Just as long as you stick to RRS plates the lever clamps are great. However if you use plates from other manufacturers that are slightly smaller or larger, they won't lock down well in a lever clamp and a screw clamp is a better choice.

Apr 15, 2013 at 05:19 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Recommend me a RRS quick release plate

Gochugogi wrote:
Just as long as you stick to RRS plates the lever clamps are great. However if you use plates from other manufacturers that are slightly smaller or larger, they won't lock down well in a lever clamp and a screw clamp is a better choice.

I use a variety of RRS, Hejnar, and Wimberley plates with my RRS lever clamps - they work just fine. I also use RRS screw clamps, especially for stuff I want to slide around, like a macro focus rail, for example.

Apr 15, 2013 at 08:12 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password