Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

bbourizk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

Hey all,
last Sunday I got some people together and had a little shoot.

Miss Ashley dark and he friends.

Thanks for looking, any feedback welcome.

If you like them and have some time the rest are on the link below.

http://www.studio102.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=4143

Regards
Bud

Edited on Apr 19, 2013 at 01:21 PM · View previous versions

Apr 15, 2013 at 03:05 PM
gnauer

Account locked
p.1 #2 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

The photos are excellent! Number 2 is my favorite because the snake looks like it will come through the screen. Excellent quality as well : )

Apr 15, 2013 at 03:34 PM
speakit101
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

Lovely lovely lovely! Please check pm..

Apr 15, 2013 at 05:16 PM
VilleK
• •
p.1 #4 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

The light looks good. Especially the snakes look excellent! My only gripe is that she looks very tired/bored in every one of these images. It might help if you had some fill light coming under her face but I'm not sure. You might also want to try poses where her head is faced a bit more upwards. That could help.

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:28 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

Very professionally done. My eye is drawn to the lips. A little less saturation?

Apr 15, 2013 at 06:33 PM
charlesk
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

Really nice photography utterly ruined by a facial expression that makes it seem like she was horribly ill but you made her pose anyway. I will never understand why models do that.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:58 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

gnauer wrote:
The photos are excellent! Number 2 is my favorite because the snake looks like it will come through the screen. Excellent quality as well : )

Thanks mate.
Glad you liked them.

Regards
Bud

Apr 16, 2013 at 03:54 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

speakit101 wrote:
Lovely lovely lovely! Please check pm..

Hey mate,
PM answered.
Regards
Bud

Apr 16, 2013 at 03:55 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

VilleK wrote:
The light looks good. Especially the snakes look excellent! My only gripe is that she looks very tired/bored in every one of these images. It might help if you had some fill light coming under her face but I'm not sure. You might also want to try poses where her head is faced a bit more upwards. That could help.

Hey mate,
Thanks for taking a look.

Agree on your points, I would have loved some different expressions from her but it was an effort to just concentrate with the snakes wiggling all over her. They did not sit still.

Regarding the lights, I'd set up some butterfly lighting, I had the reflector fairly high up as I was only wanting to shoot from chest up. the snakes were a little larger than I thought and kept hanging lower and going on the reflector, so I dropped the reflector a bit and then it didn't provide enough fill. In hindsight I should have added another strobe for fill.

Regards
Bud

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:03 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

deinfaces wrote:
Very professionally done. My eye is drawn to the lips. A little less saturation?

Hey Bob,
Thanks for looking mate.

I don't use saturation in my editing, but the lipstick applied was very glossy and red which is what I wanted, would be easily enough to tone down but I kind of like it like that.

Regards
Bud

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:05 AM

neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

Hey Bud, I really like your light. I do have to agree with Villek about the expressions, she almost looks a bit disgusted in some of them. However if I had big ol' snakes slithering around me like that, I'd be screaming like a 3 year old, so what do I have to complain about? ;-)

--David

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:14 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

charlesk wrote:
Really nice photography utterly ruined by a facial expression that makes it seem like she was horribly ill but you made her pose anyway. I will never understand why models do that.

Hey Charles,
Glad you liked the photography .
In her defense I thought she did well and I did want a serious look for the shoot.
With a shoot like this it's really about luck a bit. when the snake is in perfect position the model wasn't ideal #4 for example. Having said all that a bit of emotion would have been great, especially with the later shots.

Regards
Bud

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:18 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

Well done in this set.

In the first group of colour shots, she stands out strongly against the background. Good choices there. I wonder why we need the snake. She's going to hold our interest.

#6 & #7 (B&W's) - I like these.

#8 thru #11
Again, nice work. In general, however the dark background, dark snake and dark dress don't go well together. The snake isn't contrasting enough. Change the clothing to contrast with the snake or choose one of those bright green snakes. (Maybe you own a reptile zoo?) These would also look very good without the snakes. Might as well do the snake shots and the no snake shots at the same time for two different looks.
Expression - yes I noticed too.

Apr 16, 2013 at 06:22 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

neighbourboy wrote:
Hey Bud, I really like your light. I do have to agree with Villek about the expressions, she almost looks a bit disgusted in some of them. However if I had big ol' snakes slithering around me like that, I'd be screaming like a 3 year old, so what do I have to complain about? ;-)

--David

G'day David.
I feel the same way, especially the big one. She did well.
Next time hopefully we can get even better images from Ash.
Regards
Bud

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

Jim Rickards wrote:
Well done in this set.

In the first group of colour shots, she stands out strongly against the background. Good choices there. I wonder why we need the snake. She's going to hold our interest.

#6 & #7 (B&W's) - I like these.

#8 thru #11
Again, nice work. In general, however the dark background, dark snake and dark dress don't go well together. The snake isn't contrasting enough. Change the clothing to contrast with the snake or choose one of those bright green snakes. (Maybe you own a reptile zoo?) These would also look very good without the snakes. Might as
...Show more

Hey Jim,

The whole shoot was about shooting with snakes to see what we would get. Certainly Ash by herself would have been fine as well, but It's good to try something different.

Regarding the snakes in the second set, we got a bit limited to what we could use. The person who owns the snakes bought 5 along. One struck out at him when he was holding it and e decided for the models safety not to use it, the Queensland black headed python became a little distressed and made a mess in it's bag so that one was out too. so we were left with the three that clashed with the dress i had chosen.

I will certainly get Ash back and shoot without the snakes,

Regards
Bud

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

I've had a couple of PM ask how I lit these so thought i'd share them on the thread as well.

For the first few, it was a beauty dish and a silver reflector, the room was dark so i didn't have any light straying in.

Big gridded octa camera right and a stripbox behind her, both can be seen in the below shot

Edited on Apr 19, 2013 at 03:30 PM · View previous versions

Apr 19, 2013 at 01:25 PM
loosh
• •
p.1 #17 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

Thanks for the setup shots!

Apr 19, 2013 at 03:24 PM
hatch1921
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

5,7,11 The 1st shots in the series, I would like to have seen more light pushed back in to the eyes to open up the dark shadows. #5 is where this happens. All in all... a nice series.

Hatch

Apr 20, 2013 at 01:35 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

loosh wrote:
Thanks for the setup shots!

No worries, hope they're of some help.

Apr 21, 2013 at 02:18 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Miss Dark...setup images added.

hatch1921 wrote:
5,7,11 The 1st shots in the series, I would like to have seen more light pushed back in to the eyes to open up the dark shadows. #5 is where this happens. All in all... a nice series.

Hatch

Thanks for taking a look mate, had to have the reflector lower than I wanted with the snakes been a bit bigger. Next time I'll use two softbox's

Apr 21, 2013 at 02:19 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password