Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · 2013 NCA/NDA Cheer Nationals Day 2

knight13
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 2013 NCA/NDA Cheer Nationals Day 2

To answer your question the best I'm qualified to answer Focus is that faces and bases sell.

Doesn't really matter if it's action or not. I've found that if a mom can see a face or if it's a face a mom is not used to seeing ie, a base. They will sell.

Apr 22, 2013 at 08:27 PM
lhryshko
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 2013 NCA/NDA Cheer Nationals Day 2

P Alesse wrote:
Variety and volume is the key. You want to get as many different types of shots of as many athletes as possible in a 3 minute time span. Therefore, with three photogs per stage, each one has a specific responsibility and often times we have different types of lenses and shooting styles. We work together as a team. Whereas Jeff might be shooting that tight "tada" finish after a tumbling pass on his side with max zoom and focused on the facial, I might be hitting up that same tumbler going cross mat, full length head to toe. Similarly,
...Show more

@Paul

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Jeff Napier
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 2013 NCA/NDA Cheer Nationals Day 2

Focus,
I think Paul summunded it up quite well. I will add again that Eyes and Bases and Faces do sell. I have lots of shots of Bases as well and have posted those in the past from a few years ago I think.
Most of the flyers have plenty of pics as they are useually the ones that get the most coverage through out the season, exspecilly if there is only one photog covering the event.
Different levels bring different aspects and the ability to do more difficult stunts as well. Day 2 I was in the arena and it is where the more advanced teams generally preform but, in this venue we set back a bit farther also than the other stages in Dallas.
Hope some of this helped.

Below is an example of what Paul "MAY" have been refering to when he mentioned the BG enhancing the subject, but it probebly wasnt croped like this one.

8I4I2754 by jni-ss, on Flickr

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.