New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Creative cloud on laptop computer

mcbane

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Creative cloud on laptop computer

I switched to CS6 creative cloud several months back and have been stung twice now when trying to use the software on my laptop in an area with no internet connectivity. The first time this happened I was in the desert, and the nearest internet connection was 70 miles of washboard road from my location. Out of the entire suite of apps, only LR kept running. The only guidance on the Adobe site is a page full of "myths" telling me this isnt something I need to worry about.

I have never had every single CS6 app die but have had several apps tell me I need to reactivate the license (which I cant do without a connection) while other apps continue to function.

Has anyone found a way to ensure, prior to taking a trip away from the internet, that every app is up to date with its reactivation? For example, is there a place to see how many days until various apps will brick themselves? I would have expected that functionality to be built into a system daemon or maybe the Adobe application manager, but that doesnt appear to be the case.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM
JimmyStephans
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Creative cloud on laptop computer

I have not heard of a place to check dates like that. On the laptop we only have Photoshop and that didn't happen with us.

I wonder if opening / running each of the main apps before leaving on a trip would cause them to check validation and reset the date to that date?

May 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
matt4626
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Creative cloud on laptop computer

P.I.T.A........

May 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Creative cloud on laptop computer

Are you on the yearly membership or are you on the month-to-month plan?

Adobe is currently saying that if you are on the yearly membership, you can use the products for 99 days without validation although it will request validation every 30.

Has that not been your experience?

May 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM
mcbane

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Creative cloud on laptop computer

I have a one year subscription but it is billed monthly. I contacted Adobe and they said will soon be releasing improved functionality that will address the problem that I reported.

May 13, 2013 at 02:02 PM
dalek53
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Creative cloud on laptop computer

I think it's potentially worse than it might look. I'm on the annual plan/monthly billing. The notification of money going out of my account came on Saturday. On Monday, my internet service was interrupted for some work being done outside the house. Almost immediately, Photoshop told me that I was in my two day grace period after which I wouldn't be able to use the program. This is a computer that is left on permanently with PS rarely closed.

Fair enough, the internet outage was only a few hours and once it could connect, all was well again. But I can see how easy it will be for this system to cause major headaches - if the internet outage had lasted three days, I wouldn't have been able to use the program. Despite having paid for it. This is bound to happen to someone - how will Adobe deal with lost income from people unable to do their work?

guy

May 14, 2013 at 08:44 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.