Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · NBA: 1 Shot

nadine
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · NBA: 1 Shot

Love the shot Russ. The horizontal brings you right into the game. Very dramatic and powerful. Keep inspiring my friend!!

Keith

Apr 28, 2013 at 08:37 PM
Tom D
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · NBA: 1 Shot

Russ, looks like you have a pretty even split on opinions here. I get what you're trying to accomplish with the tight crop, and I agree with others that it definitely adds more drama. Just keeping it real here- I think the fact that you were there shooting it and witnessed the move yourself gives you an advantage that isn't available to an uninformed viewer.

At first I kind of liked the tight crop, but the more I stared at it, I was bothered by it being so tight that I had no idea where they were on the court, which direction their movement was, and that most of the defender's head is hidden. I realized that reading the description first compromised my own objectivity, and once I saw the full version, I immediately liked it better. Just my .02... (or, .05?).

Although, I do love that flying sweat.

Apr 30, 2013 at 04:36 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · NBA: 1 Shot

Tom Dix: Thanks for sharing your perspective on the two versions.

Bob: Yeah, I can see what you mean about the 'extra' arm. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks, Keith. The horizontal definitely is up close and personal!

Tom: Very good points that help me to see these two crops in a different light. This shot was from my 29th or 30th game of the season, so I definitely was looking for something different and, yes, I was thinking about it almost purely as someone who was there and who knew exactly what was going on in the image. But I can see that in the process, I cropped out virtually everything that a viewer who is cold to the image would need to figure out the things you've mentioned. So I can see how the full version tells more of the story. But it is interesting, as you pointed out, that the opinions are split. Thanks for chiming in, my friend.

Apr 30, 2013 at 04:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

James Broome
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · NBA: 1 Shot

I know the thread is about the crop, but does anyone else notice a slight green cast? I pulled it into Photoshop and used Levels to drag the green channel down just a little bit - and the image looked better to me. Your comments, Russ?

Apr 30, 2013 at 06:43 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · NBA: 1 Shot

James: I'm not seeing this as much in this image as I've seen it in others I have posted, but yes, definitely, WB is an issue for me shooting in this arena. The main problem is that it changes from moment to moment as the flashing ads that circle the upper level offer different 'accents' on a regular basis. Typically, though, as you have noted, the problems are characterized by too much green/yellow. Thank you for your comments.

May 01, 2013 at 06:13 PM
James Broome
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · NBA: 1 Shot

Ah, I didn't even think of the rolling adverts and whatnot. Yeah, I can see how that would mess with the color balance.

May 01, 2013 at 06:20 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password