Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

Jonathan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

As I started to write this post I'm also wondering if I even need one. The D4 never needed one and I never used one on the D3s.

I hate the cheap plastic "clip on", but all the ones I've read about seem to be either a bit small(3") or not much good.

I was hoping to see Giottos release one, but nothing yet.

If you're reading this, can you make a recommendation or provide a link to one that works?

I've used the GGS before, but read that the one for the D800 does not fit perfectly. I hope maybe that's wrong.

Apr 13, 2013 at 06:18 AM
Guari
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

Jonathan wrote:
As I started to write this post I'm also wondering if I even need one. The D4 never needed one and I never used one on the D3s.

I hate the cheap plastic "clip on", but all the ones I've read about seem to be either a bit small(3") or not much good.

I was hoping to see Giottos release one, but nothing yet.

If you're reading this, can you make a recommendation or provide a link to one that works?

I've used the GGS before, but read that the one for the D800 does not fit perfectly. I hope maybe that's wrong.

The ggs does fit perfectly, give it a shot...

I paid 10 for mine free shipping from Hong Kong to protect the LCD of a 2300 camera. Pennies if you ask me..

Apr 13, 2013 at 07:44 AM
neilvan
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

I have the Vello brand from B&H, very happy with it...

Apr 13, 2013 at 08:19 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

Hey Jon, take it me (and Gustavo) when we tell you...the GGS III fits perfectly!
The problem comes when attaching an L bracket sans grip. I've had mine since they were released and love
the new design. I've since I added the grip (for fps/better balance with pro glass) so any L or plate works fine.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM
VinnieJ
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

neilvan wrote:
I have the Vello brand from B&H, very happy with it...

I use the Vello as well for both the D800 and D7100.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/860337-REG/Vello_gsp_nd800_Glass_LCD_Screen_Protector.html

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Gary Irwin
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

I use the regular GGS -- and it's saved the LCD on my D800 already. Unobtrusive, inexpensive, and it works.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

After all these years I finally broke down and tried one. It was the Adorama, although it really says GGS D800 on it. Fits just like the original plastic one. It was darker it seemed, so I had to set my monitor brightness to automatic.

I'd really like one also for my D7100 cause, it's naked...

Apr 13, 2013 at 02:12 PM
Ghostinz
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

I have the Zagg Invisible Shield on both my D600 and D7100. Since they didn't make a version for the D600 specifically, the D800 version of this fits it. $15 on Amazon.

Apr 13, 2013 at 03:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

zesto
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

Never used one or had a scratch on my D1, D2x, D3 when I had them and haven't so far on my D800E. I might relent and try the GGS regular as I use an RRS L bracket so it looks like the GGS III is out of contention.

The first thing I did when I bought the B800E was take the plastic cover off the LCD. According to page 14 of the Nikon manual, it's only there for storage anyway.

The BM-12 Monitor Cover
A clear plastic cover is provided with the
camera to keep the monitor clean and
protect it when the camera is not in use.

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:04 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

^ EXACTLY!! I've been tellin' anyone who'll listen - for years...IT'S NOT MEANT FOR VIEWING

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:11 PM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

Zagg makes a great, clean cover - I used on my D300 for years and have one on my D800E.

Peace,

Todd

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:54 PM
sb in ak
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

I just got the adhesive GGS type for my D800 (type II I think?) No complaints thus far; the screen looks a little better than with the stock type, and it gives it a slightly more professional look too. I didn't get the clip-on type as there were several reports of them falling off.

That said, I kind of wonder if the seller sent me a counterfeit, as I don't see "GGS" on any of the packaging or product.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

GGS for the D800 and it fits perfectly and looks great. Just like the GGS did on my D700.
My GGS came with the top LCD cover as well and specifically said it was for the D800.

John

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM
iseeq4life

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

Why use a protector? I hate having a piece of plastic or glass between the screen and my eyes.

Never had any scratches on any of my screens.

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM
derry1
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

another GGS fan here,,

yes the glass will take a beating and still look good but one scratch across it will move ya to the GGS fan club,,

saw a lady this past weekend with the OEM plastic cover on and she was a real pixel peeper,, shiver me timbers, I wanted to go remove it but she was happy,, you must look close to even tell the GGS is installed,, is a stealth product,

Derry

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:00 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Anyone found a good screen protector for the D800?

GGS III fits well. Not night and day difference over plastic one but worth doing for the money. Wish the Dxxx series cameras had the hardened glass screens like the D4.

Apr 16, 2013 at 05:41 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password