Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Then act like they disappeared off the face of the earth. Had a person today said he was interested in my camera, made me an offer and I excepted and asked me to use a different shipping method which I agreed to. This was early this am and not a peep out of him, I checked and he did read my reply so when I got home from work I PMed him again he read that one right away. But I guess he doesn't have the balls to tell me he changed his mind. Come on it's no big deal there will be someone else it's just good manors. I promise I will not bite your head off if you change your mind
Oh well

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:26 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

or the ones who ask you whole bunch of questions etc etc and when its time to buy...disappear...
maybe time to start charging

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/27/store-charging-patrons-5-for-just-looking-to-offset-losses-from-internet-shoppers/

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:45 PM
Mickey
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

or the ones that ask for pictures taken of it, with it, etc, etc never to come back.......

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:57 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Mickey wrote:
or the ones that ask for pictures taken of it, with it, etc, etc never to come back.......

Happens all the time and it cracks me up when asking for a picture of a brand new item

Apr 12, 2013 at 08:29 PM
mspencer1
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Also had it happen to me yesterday.

Person sends a PM saying "I'll take it". I send him the pay pal and there is no communication until 12 hours later I receive another PM saying he "will take" some other things as well but still does not pay.

What is frustrating is that during this time there are several other people that PM stating they would like to pay and I have to delay while I am waiting for "buyer" #1.

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:03 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

So perhaps a follow-up question to their post "I'll take it" would be "and when do you intend to pay for it?" Or, simply the assertion in your For Sale ad that "i require payment within 10 minutes of your saying 'I'll take it' or, "it goes to the next person in line." Or, first person who pays is the one who gets it.

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:30 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

I never understood that "first person to pay is the one who gets it". Do you give your Paypal ID to more than one person at a time? What if 3 or 4 send payment at about the same time? Just asking.

Apr 13, 2013 at 04:24 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Never had it happen, Mickey. I reckon the statement flushes out the bullshiteers who say I'll take it and then disappear. but to answer your questions "yes, I've sent it out to more than one person at a time, but I've never had two payments at once. I expect if I had that to happen, I'd immediately refund #2."

Apr 13, 2013 at 04:52 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Well still going on finally heard back, answered all his questions, asked for an invoice did that and that was bout 5 hours ago. I mean come on you were right there asking question then like magic GONE In the mean time I have another person who wants it I am about to tell him it's his

Apr 13, 2013 at 06:19 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Sell it to the guy in line First guy blew it. He can't get to an email/PM to advise you that payment is on its way, well tough stuffings

Apr 13, 2013 at 06:23 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

I just went into PP and cancelled the invoice tired of this

Apr 13, 2013 at 06:37 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

This is getting to be one weird sale, I cancelled the invoice, told the second person it is his along with PP info. I checked he read it and now he's gone

Apr 13, 2013 at 07:15 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

If it wasn't for 550+ positive feedbacks, I'd say you have some bad karma going on with this one, Mike

Apr 13, 2013 at 07:39 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Well don't cha know it I sold the camera to a 3rd person who has one feedback only a few post but she answered the PM's I am happy it worked out this way

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:50 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Love these people who say they are interested in your gea...

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”
― Terry Pratchett

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Mike,
Take a positive, yet very frustrating, look on the non-sale to the 2 clowns that jerked you around in the 1st place.

If they bought your item, chances are that they would have become a royal pain in the rear with the sale and you may have never got ridden of them!
A blessing in disguise, if you will.
I have had many in my most recent transactions that play this game. I have changed the way I do business on FS items.

I give the buyer a time limit and if not adhered to, the item goes to the next buyer. It has worked well so far.
Good Luck Mike! Again very frustrating and insulting but has become "the nature of the beast" on B&S of late.
Dan

Apr 16, 2013 at 09:10 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

"I personally believe we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."

- Jane Wagner

Apr 16, 2013 at 09:48 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

I have three FM'ers that have said they want a lens I have for sale. All have said the money is coming ASAP. When not received I have been unable to get them to respond to follow-up PM's.. One ask for additional photos and specifically for me to check on Express shipping as he needed it yesterday.. Gone into the vapor called hyper-space, never to be heard from again.

Apr 17, 2013 at 08:10 AM
castlekeeper01
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Well, I see I'm probably one of the irritating FMers being talked about. I think some of y'all are being unreasonable and harsh.

First of all, if you are in a hurry - that's your problem, not the buyer's. They have every right to ask as many questions and take as much time as they like. Just as you have the right to ask for their money right now or you will work with another buyer.

It's unreasonable to expect every customer to have the same sense of urgency. Won't happen.

FM B&S is a real world market place with a mix of pros, semi-pros, enthusiasts and naive green horns. Not every customer is clear, decisive, and fast. You were thinking maybe only knowledgeable, right-now buyers respond to posts?

Cut people a little slack. Folks are busy. They have jobs, family, crappy internet connections, lousy transportation. Not everyone has a smart phone. There are a million legitimate reasons why a buyer may be delayed getting back to you.

Then there are those who are unsure of their choice. Cold feet. Scared to pull the trigger. Just indecisive. Or perhaps like me, they just aren't in a hurry.

Yes, there are inconsiderate, troublesome newbies and FM'ers - many of whom have more than a few positive feedbacks. Where in the world aren't there such people?

As others have said above, you are free to choose the pace of communication/deal you desire - just let them know. Put a time limit on the deal. Ask for what you want.

Of course, you may have to wait longer for a buyer willing to accept your terms, but hey - your frustration level - and theirs - may be lower with everyone knowing you mean business!

Complaining about the nature of buyers is like griping about the weather. Just take it for what it is, and decide if you want to take an umbrella. Otherwise, enjoy the rain. It's where we live.

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
castlekeeper01
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Love these people who say they are interested in your gear for sale

Well, I see I'm probably one of the irritating FMers being talked about. I think some of y'all are being unreasonable and harsh.

First of all, if you are in a hurry - that's your problem, not the buyer's. They have every right to ask as many questions and take as much time as they like. Just as you have the right to ask for their money right now or you will work with another buyer.

It's unreasonable to expect every customer to have the same sense of urgency. Won't happen.

FM B&S is a real world market place with a mix of pros, semi-pros, enthusiasts and naive green horns. Not every customer is clear, decisive, and fast. You were thinking maybe only knowledgeable, right-now buyers respond to posts?

Cut people a little slack. Folks are busy. They have jobs, family, crappy internet connections, lousy transportation. Not everyone has a smart phone. There are a million legitimate reasons why a buyer may be delayed getting back to you.

Then there are those who are unsure of their choice. Cold feet. Scared to pull the trigger. Just indecisive. Or perhaps like me, they just aren't in a hurry.

Yes, there are inconsiderate, troublesome newbies and FM'ers - many of whom have more than a few positive feedbacks. Where in the world aren't there such people?

As others have said above, you are free to choose the pace of communication/deal you desire - just let them know. Put a time limit on the deal. Ask for what you want.

Of course, you may have to wait longer for a buyer willing to accept your terms, but hey - your frustration level - and theirs - may be lower with everyone knowing you mean business!

Complaining about the nature of buyers is like griping about the weather. Just take it for what it is, and decide if you want to take an umbrella. Otherwise, enjoy the rain. It's where we live.

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.