Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Yoga Poses In Moab

rushmore22
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yoga Poses In Moab

At the end of a long day of mountain biking, my wife and I hurried to a stack of sandstone not far from our campsite to grab some of the "silhouette" shots she'd been asking for to promote her yoga studio. Driving in the night before we'd been awed by a fantastic sunset, yet I'd promised not to pull over and shoot so assumed the moment was lost. luckily the Spring weather cooperated for another night.

Dancer's Pose

NIKON D7000    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    140mm    f/2.8    1/400s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

Tree Pose

NIKON D7000    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    70mm    f/2.8    1/1600s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 12, 2013 at 02:58 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yoga Poses In Moab

Had a yoga instructor ask me to do some outdoor photos when the weather warms up around here. Good Job...

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:01 AM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yoga Poses In Moab

Good idea in 1 to hide the light just wish it was pointed more away from the rock and softer (maybe impossible). Was it set as wide as possible? Good thinking in both shots. Gotta love those sunsets!

aF

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yoga Poses In Moab

I might have actually pointed the flash AT the rock to see what kind of light bounce/reflection you could create. Just a thought.

Good concept though, and #2 is a really nice shot.

Apr 12, 2013 at 03:43 PM
rushmore22
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yoga Poses In Moab

sivrajbm wrote:
Had a yoga instructor ask me to do some outdoor photos when the weather warms up around here. Good Job...

Definitely opens up the creative possibilities when your outside. Good luck!

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM

rushmore22
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yoga Poses In Moab

aFeinberg wrote:
Good idea in 1 to hide the light just wish it was pointed more away from the rock and softer (maybe impossible). Was it set as wide as possible? Good thinking in both shots. Gotta love those sunsets!

aF

Good advice! I think I was scrambling not to miss the light but certainly I could have bounced it. Thanks!

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:40 PM
rushmore22
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yoga Poses In Moab

Prettym1k3 wrote:
I might have actually pointed the flash AT the rock to see what kind of light bounce/reflection you could create. Just a thought.

Good concept though, and #2 is a really nice shot.

Thanks for the compliment! It felt very responsible to scout the shot before the light was right. Much better control of the situation.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:41 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yoga Poses In Moab

Good effort.

However, the speedlight is just too hot in the first shot, I'd say on the verge of blowing out detail. I know it was a rush grab shot but it really doesn't work for me as the light placement is just too obvious. On a stand off camera goboed to minimize rock illumination would have been killer.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM
galenapass
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Yoga Poses In Moab

I agree the light was too hot. But, it was a great idea!

Apr 13, 2013 at 03:16 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password