Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2013 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Congratulations to Karl Witt for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 9 votes - View Previous Winners

Ohhh yes I got lucky and had a nice day to shoot for a few morning hours! Wow it really got nice and warm so it felt real good to be out and off work

The local haunt had lots to see but I had limited time so I kept on the move for variety so I will share some of what I saw with more to come later from this outing........shown in order that I saw them I think

Your comments, nits and crits are always respected and welcomed and I thank you for your visit

Karl

Karl Witt 2013

#1 No idea what this bird is but I like it LOL

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x lens    700mm    f/5.6    1/640s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Karl Witt 2013

#2 Morning singer

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF500mm f/4L IS USM lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Karl Witt 2013

#3 Starling at work

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x lens    700mm    f/6.3    1/1000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Karl Witt 2013

#4 Ninja Tree Swallow

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF500mm f/4L IS USM lens    500mm    f/4.5    1/1250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Apr 11, 2013 at 03:56 AM · View previous versions

Apr 11, 2013 at 02:19 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

more...and thanks!

Karl Witt 2013

#5 Red-bellied Woodpecker (large crop)

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x lens    700mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Karl Witt 2013

#6 American Robin ready to step out of your monitor :)

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x lens    700mm    f/5.6    1/500s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Karl Witt 2013

#7 'One outside the box' Squatters rights!

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF500mm f/4L IS USM lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/640s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 11, 2013 at 02:22 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Super work Karl. Red Brested Woodpeckers, robins, and starlings are year round hear in NYC

Morris

Apr 11, 2013 at 02:33 AM
dhb820
• • •
p.1 #4 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Excellent photos! The bird in #1 is a red-winged Blackbird. I've got a very similar photo of the tree sparrow on the bird box. Great work.

Apr 11, 2013 at 02:39 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Wow, what a great set Karl. Sweet Robin. Lovely RWBB (at least, that is what I think it is). My fave by lots though is the little Song Sparrow. What a beauty. You captured it perfectly on a spare perch, and presented it against a smooth BG. Nice, nice, very nice.

Apr 11, 2013 at 02:51 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Super

Apr 11, 2013 at 03:27 AM
canon.eos30d
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Beautiful collection for spring, Karl. I totally love every single photos from sharpness, detail, poses. Very special.

- Tam

Apr 11, 2013 at 03:30 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

#1 might be a dark morph Cardinal Whatever it is, it is perfectly exposed and composed on a nice cattail.
Morning Singer is a real beauty in front of a very complimentary BG... very well done.
Love the very cool textures of the tree your Starling is working in... and I do see it eyeing me.
NTS is a terrific image and my pick for best in set... Super Duper Karl!
Congrats on the Red-bellied WP...and the Robin did step out of my monitor and left a little mess on my keyboard. Great detail buddy.
Squatter once again is perfectly exposed showing beautiful blue-green head feathers and cotton-like whites.

So glad you had a couple hours of SoCal Spring weather... happy to share with you.
Terrific set my friend, and looking forward to the sequel.

Kirk

Apr 11, 2013 at 03:30 AM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

A fine set of well captured and presented images, Karl, with the song sparrow being its highlight. The exposure is well controlled in all of these and detail look fine
Socrate

Apr 11, 2013 at 03:37 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

I can tell by the tone of your writing what kind of a morning this was for you buddy. I'm so happy had a morning like that, we all live for those days, they are indeed special.

You had to start out with a mystery bird A super fine rendition at that. Super pose and super comp. If I wanted to nit they would be super nits, the sort of thing I reserve for super critting my own work. This shot doesn't deserve that sort of thing
2 oh yeah, we get setups like this and grin from ear to ear, wow this one is good Karl. It even has some dried dingle berries still on the vine! Now there is the uber Witt setup!
3 not a favorite bird but a shot I would have jumped all over. Now how is it seeds get spread around the forest
4 These guys done right are one of my favorites for white birds. You nailed this one, the whites are perfect, the face well lit, all the little details that are needed to do these guys right are in this shot. Another wow, you are making picking a fave real hard!
5 fine job on him, he just happens to be sorounded by better, not that there is anything wrong with this one
6 Finally, I could nit this one if I wanted, thank goodness, I thought I lost my touch but... I spent so much time looking at this one and enjoying the details I was seeing, such as the different bending of the toes from foot to foot that I realized I was really enjoying this shot in a way that lured me into this hobby years ago. Yeah it really does have some uber charm and eye holding ability
7 a shot we all have, no doubt, but still well done. I have spent countless hours by these guys houses waiting. I wish I there with you.

This set really sits wonderfully with me Karl. Every once in a while one comes along and re-affirms why I love this hobby. Really nice my friend, really nice

Tim

PS, I started to type this right after Ken, I guess I got carried away... look how many clocked in while I was typing

Apr 11, 2013 at 03:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Bravo Karl !!! So glad you got out and enjoyed your morning. Now we get to enjoy the gorgeous fruits of your labor.

What a gorgeous set , love them all . I really tried to pick a favorite or two, but just can't. Each one offers something wonderful whether it be detail, background, a bit of its habits, or just a stunning look.

You need to get out more often

Birdie

Apr 11, 2013 at 03:50 AM
tfoltz
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

WOW, nice set, started off with a classic
Spring has sprung my friend and you were there to capture it, way to go

-Tim

Apr 11, 2013 at 04:35 AM
vphan
• • •
p.1 #13 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Awesome set Karl. Great details and color.

Vince

Apr 11, 2013 at 05:08 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Great set Karl. The first two are my favorites

Apr 11, 2013 at 06:47 AM
Brenton Biggs
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

Beautiful work here Karl!

Apr 11, 2013 at 07:24 AM
brian_sp
• • •
p.1 #16 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

fantastic set of images, love the RWBB, great pose, and sparrow best

Apr 11, 2013 at 07:45 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

very nice set Karl.. the first two would probably be my favorites

Apr 11, 2013 at 08:37 AM
thomas_1950
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

"Nothing but NET" for you Karl! You hit it buddy. That is a fantastic set of images masterfully processed.

Nice job,
Tom

Apr 11, 2013 at 09:09 AM
Desert Drake
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

#1 and #2 are great shots, Karl.
Al

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · Spring Birds and one 'outside the box'....(7)

morris wrote:
Super work Karl. Red Brested Woodpeckers, robins, and starlings are year round hear in NYC

Morris

Hey thanks Morris, with the mild Winters we have had last two years it seems these birds are showing up earlier each year, doubt we will be so lucky next year
Karl

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password