Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · U.S. Capitol Panorama

nburwell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · U.S. Capitol Panorama

I originally took this a couple weeks ago while in DC for a long weekend. The image below contains four individual vertical images, which I stitched together in Photoshop. You can find a larger verison of the photo on my Flickr page.

-Nick

U.S. Capitol Panorama by nburwell22, on Flickr

Apr 10, 2013 at 07:24 PM
RichCoyle
• •
p.1 #2 · U.S. Capitol Panorama

Nice job, Nick, although a little too strong on the blues for my taste; taken in the blue hour?? Looks like it was a cold day. The sky looks "fake" because there are no clouds and no texture in it. A couple of the people are in motion; long exposures? Sometimes, multiple exposures of each frame help because you can stack them, remove the blurred people, then merge and stitch the panorama.

Apr 11, 2013 at 04:47 PM
John S. Hudson
• •
p.1 #3 · U.S. Capitol Panorama

Well Nick, I disagree with almost everything the above poster has said. I LOVE the blue hour, and it doesn't look too strong at all. In no way at all does the sky look "fake"...in fact, I'm not sure why this is even mentioned. Are we only supposed to do photography when clouds are present? Can you not fake clouds? lol. Of course this was a long exposure so people may be blurred due to motion...that's how it works. If you intended the photo to include people, it looks fine to me. Removing them would not do much to the photo in my opinion. Nicely done.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password