Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lily

deinfaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Lily

Some teenagers are a lot more poised than I ever was. (or am)
Bob
http://deinfaces.com

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Lily

Bob- if you were that pretty, it might be different .
A good image of a really nice face and expression.
Charlie

Apr 10, 2013 at 04:53 PM
UsseryG
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Lily

Very Nice!

Gary

Apr 10, 2013 at 05:59 PM

Dloseke29
• •
p.1 #4 · Lily

I have a problem with the subject being centered in the frame and part of the head being cut off.
This is a verticle image and should be shot as such. Too many photographers fail to use cropping in their images and use the verticle image rather than all taken in the horizontal format and full frame. Study come composition articles and the use of the grid on your camera screen for composing your images. This is a great image but could be better with good composition.

Apr 10, 2013 at 06:06 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #5 · Lily

Bob I have noticed on your latest submissions you have decided to post process the face very bright with heavy contrast to the hair, pretty close to blocking up. Not sure I like the technique as it is quite obviously manipulated. Cute lady though.

I know you are using Nik products and rather than control points you might want to try an airbrush so the application of the process is less spotty as in this case where the brightest spot is on the nose bridge between the eyes.

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Lily

Thank you, Charlie and Gary.

Dloseke, thanks for commenting. Yeah, I usually don't center the subject and have no excuse here . In the past, I have cropped MANY portraits square, like this one. My goal in portraiture is to try to 'know' the person through the eyes. I often intentionally crop off the top of the head, or side of the head (even the ear) in an attempt to sort of shock the viewer into looking at the eyes. This may not be successful, but that's been my reasoning.

JB, I do try to make the faces bright, and 'come forward'. I set a white point by using the info panel and getting the brightest (non-specular) highlights up to 230 - 240. I had not noticed the blocking up the hair. Thanks for pointing this out - I'll pay attention.

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password