Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Kenko Extension Tubes

Lee Green
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kenko Extension Tubes

The Kenko 36mm and 20mm extension tubes rattle when shaken; the 12mm does not. Is this normal? And if not, which is the oddity? Hadn't used them in a while so I can't remember if they were always that way. Plus after using them for the first time in quite a while on my 18-200, the lens suddenly started shaking and rattling when I tried to focus. Wound up sending it back to Nikon for repair. If the Kenko's could have caused that, I'll junk them but if the discrepancy is normal for them, then I'd hate to lose them. Thanks for any help.

Apr 09, 2013 at 11:30 PM
MikeW
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kenko Extension Tubes

mine rattle the same. Your focus jackhammering was because the camera couldn't autofocus on anything within the shallow depth of field caused by having the tube/s on.

I only use MF to avoid this and since I use them for macro stuff anyways I don't need AF.

Apr 10, 2013 at 01:01 AM
Lee Green
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kenko Extension Tubes

Thanks, Mike. Good to know. I was really afraid to try them again without having them checked out and the only camera shop is in the college town next door with parking almost impossible. Any idea why there is tension on one of the (levers?) in the 12mm and none on any of the levers in the 36 or 20mms?

Apr 10, 2013 at 05:45 PM
teom

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kenko Extension Tubes

In my case, the three extension tubes rattle, but they all work fine. I do the same as Mike, manual focus using live view if possible.

Apr 11, 2013 at 04:15 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password