Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Coman TCM-257C Tripod

danb121
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Coman TCM-257C Tripod

Hi All

I currently have 2 tripods that I use, one is a Manfrotto 055XPROB which is for home stuff and locations that I can drive to, my other tripod is a Velbon Ultra Maxi F, which I use for commuting and taking on holiday. While the Velbon is a small, light and stable (given it's size) I feel that the time has come to update it

My commute consists of a cycle ride, train journey and a walk, so small and light is essential; after much research I decided to go for a Carbon Fiber Benro C1692TB0, it's a touch heavier than my current Velbon but it supports a greater load and looks to be a better all round option compared to the Velbon.

Anyhow I've just come across another Chinese manufacturer of tripod called Coman and the claim that thier TCM-257C+CM-0 is equal to the Benro, and what I really like about the Coman is the ability to use the tripod without the center column (the Velbon has this ability too) which will allow shooting closer to the ground...

However I can't seem to find any reviews about them, and I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Coman Tripods?

Thanks

Dan

Apr 09, 2013 at 12:37 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Coman TCM-257C Tripod

the basic issue here is that one particular chinese model tripod may have many brand names and model numbers because they tend to be marketed from multiple sources throughout the world.

Apr 09, 2013 at 02:33 PM
Larnus

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Coman TCM-257C Tripod

I went to buy a MeFOTO (Benro) Backpacker tripod and found that they were out of stock at their main vendor in HK. They recommended I buy the COMAN which he said is a copy and he insisted has a much better build than the MeFOTO and was more expensive (+$20).

I found it a bit incredulous at first, but it was quite sturdy. There was a pretty good heft to it, and the ball head seemed better than the MeFOTO Roadtrip they had there.

I was tempted to go for the Mefoto Roadtrip but due to the more compact 30cm collapsed height of the Coman which I need to fit into my shoulder/back-packs and MACRO work, I went for it.

I'm not sure if that helps you at all - but there's gotta be a reason why that vendor stopped selling the mefoto. They are otherwise one of the biggest vendors of Benro tripods in HK and even have a website dedicated to each of the brands.

Apr 29, 2013 at 07:09 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password