Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Lens rental companies.......

Mountws1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lens rental companies.......

Hi folks,

I'm working an event at the end of this month and am looking at renting a lens or two for the event. This is something I've never done before and am wondering if any of you have ever used either borrowlenses or lensrental. Both appear to have great selections. Seems like borrowlenses gets more national pub, but also has slightly higher prices and maybe less flexibility with the length of rental if I'm reading their site correctly. Any info you could offer would be appreciated.

Apr 08, 2013 at 09:58 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lens rental companies.......

Both are great companies. Used both of them before with no real complaints.

Apr 08, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Hatcher
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lens rental companies.......

I have used Lensrentals for years, and would never hesitate to use them, and recommend them quite a bit.

Apr 08, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Airphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lens rental companies.......

I so agree Lensrentals is A+
never used the other

Apr 08, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Tom In Arizona
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lens rental companies.......

Hi All...

After renting lenses locally a couple of times, my local supplier didn't have the lens I wanted for a recent trip to California. Almost reluctantly, I tried LensRentals.com. I am so glad I did.

The company's web site made renting the lens very easy. It shipped and arrived exactly on time. It included a return shipping label (just tape up the box, slap on the label and drop it off at any FedEx pickup location). And, the lens was superb in every respect from physical appearance, to use, to sharpness. All steps in the ordering, shipping back and forth, etc. were communicated via emails with tracking numbers, etc.

I highly recommend them! I believe one of the owners (or prior owners) is also an FM member.
Tom

Apr 08, 2013 at 10:49 AM
ocir
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lens rental companies.......

I have been renting from BL and no complaints but I have heard LR is just as good.

Apr 08, 2013 at 11:04 AM
MRM4
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lens rental companies.......

I have used Borrowed Lenses several times and have been happy with their selection and service.

Apr 08, 2013 at 01:36 PM
anomalyconcept

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lens rental companies.......

I'm a repeat customer of LR- rented a telephoto+tc for an airshow and some camera bodies to try out. Very straightforward; they ship you the equipment with a return label and you just pack it up and drop it off at the carrier when you're done.

Apr 08, 2013 at 02:51 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lens rental companies.......

Lensrentals is great. And Roger from there is an FMer....

Apr 08, 2013 at 02:59 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lens rental companies.......

My perception of Lens Rentals is they are driven to provide the customer with the best equipment, where the photographer will not have a reason to blame the rental gear for a bad session. I have read they inspect the lens functionally when it is received and again before it is shipped. They rotate their stock, I think the standard is 20 rentals or two years. If you have any questions you can call them and speak to someone who will help you. Yes, Roger Cicala is on FM. (Hey, I read their web page at least once a week.)

I have purchased gear and rented gear from Lens Rental and they have met all my expectations.

Apr 08, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lens rental companies.......

You will not be disappointed with lensrental.com.

Apr 08, 2013 at 03:19 PM
Kyyo24
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lens rental companies.......

ive never used lensrental but ive used borrowlenses several times and have never had any problems. looks like you cant go wrong either way

Apr 08, 2013 at 06:11 PM
Mataz426
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lens rental companies.......

Used lensrentals and would recommend them also. I take Roger Cicala reviews on lenses to heart

Apr 08, 2013 at 08:04 PM
JimT57

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lens rental companies.......

+100 for LensRentals. I have used them a few times and everything was flawless. Great equipment and great service. You will not be disappointed. Have not used Borrowlenses, so can't compare.

Apr 08, 2013 at 08:39 PM
luminosity
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lens rental companies.......

There's LensRentals and there's everyone else. They're as good as it gets anywhere, regardless of the industry.

For those who remember the mass flight shutdown that happened two or three years ago when planes couldn't fly in the Atlantic because of volcanic activity in Iceland, LensRentals took care of affected customers. They could have taken advantage of it instead, but they didn't.

Apr 08, 2013 at 08:42 PM
cg17

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lens rental companies.......

I highly recommend Lens Rentals also. If you will not be home to sign for the package, LR will ship to a FedEx Office and you can pick up/sign there. LR staff took a last-minute order from me by phone and shipped in less than an hour.

Apr 08, 2013 at 09:29 PM
Next39
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Lens rental companies.......

LenRentals is great. I had a question about a lens and called, the lady on the phone treated me like her best friend. Two thumbs up for quality equipment and service.

Apr 09, 2013 at 07:31 AM
Mountws1

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Lens rental companies.......

Thanks for all of the feedback. I decided to give lensrentals a try.

Apr 09, 2013 at 08:15 AM
svopen
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Lens rental companies.......

Lenstrentals gets my my recommendation. If you ever need to speak to their customer service, they are very friendly and helpful. I've heard good things about Borrowlenses too but have not tried them yet.

Apr 09, 2013 at 09:19 AM
dledwards

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Lens rental companies.......

I've used both with success, but lensrentals is tops.

Another cool thing they do - they will ship to any Fedex Office location and hold for pickup. So if you are traveling you can have the gear shipped to your destination.

Apr 09, 2013 at 10:25 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.