Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

CanonGuy4Life

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

I settled a lawsuit n after investing large portion of money received from an accident 2 years ago and I'm using the remaining money to purchase a Canon 1DX and 4 lenses since I've used Canon my whole life. I always wanted to try Nikons more so than just trying a friends here and there so I'm leaning towards starting out with an Nikon D800E with 14-24 f/2.8G or 24 f/1.4G, 85 f/1.4G and 135 f/2 DC.

How much of if any will learning curve be with the Nikon?

Edited on Apr 08, 2013 at 02:37 AM · View previous versions

Apr 08, 2013 at 01:59 AM
CanonGuy4Life

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

Who's a good insurance company specializing in insuring camera equipment?

Thanks again

Apr 08, 2013 at 02:27 AM
krickett
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

It really depends on how savvy you are with this sort of equipment and how sophisticated you want to get. For me, it just took a few days to learn either system. Incidentally, I think you've identified a great set of lenses. Those are some of the 'stars' of Nikon's lineup.

Also, nearly any insurance company that does homeowners insurance will have a personal articles policy available if you're just aiming for private insurance. If you're running a business, that's another ballgame, but everybody tends to offer business photography equipment insurance as well.

Apr 08, 2013 at 03:51 AM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

or...you could buy a D4, D800E, and 4 lenses.

Seriously, it is a different system and the difficulty is dependent upon your ability to adjust. I've been shooting Nikon for 30+ years and adding a Canon to my kit would present some problems for me. You just need to put in the time shooting the thing and experimenting with various dials and buttons.

Apr 08, 2013 at 04:05 AM
CanonGuy4Life

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

K, thnx

Apr 08, 2013 at 04:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

I switched from Canon to Nikon two years ago and I had NO problems. Menu is laid out differently but similar names. Oh and the lens focus turns the opposite way

Apr 08, 2013 at 05:05 AM
PeaktoPeek
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

I just switched from Canon to Nikon in November, basically I figured it out in a weekend. I actually prefer that Nikon uses a lot more physical buttons to change settings, that was one of the differences I noticed. I still try an mount the lenses wrong though.

Apr 08, 2013 at 05:09 AM
sb in ak
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

I hear the 135L is a better lens than the Nikkor 135 DC (still a fine lens, but an older design at this point, and I wonder if it's really up to the 800E.)

Apr 08, 2013 at 05:14 AM
Chris Dees
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

The most difficult thing for me was the lens mount, it's the other way round. :-)

Apr 08, 2013 at 08:29 AM
Steve Beck
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon User Looking To Add A Nikon D800E

I started my photography with Canon and moved to Nikon during the 1d3 focus fiasco. I fell in love with Nikon with the d3/d700 back then in the old days. I got a divorce e and had to sell it all. I started back with canon because it was cheaper at the time and personally was not enjoying photography and felt like I was fighting it every time I snapped a picture. After stuggling made my way back to Nikon and am at peace again :-)

Apr 08, 2013 at 01:31 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password