Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · The Free Ride is Over

anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Free Ride is Over

Just off the Adorama site. For the hell of it I updated my cart with the X100S in it. Still waiting on their getting it. For some reason I decided to plop it into the checkout line: GUESS WHAT!!!

ADORAMA IS NOW CHARGING FOR TAXES. Thereby joining Amazon and who knows who else. Gosh. You gotta luv this %^&* government!!

Edited on Apr 08, 2013 at 03:34 PM · View previous versions

Apr 08, 2013 at 12:49 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Free Ride is Over

Just did a check on BH. No sales tax added.

HELEN. What's up??

Apr 08, 2013 at 12:53 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Free Ride is Over

Copy off my checkout cart from Adorama

Cart SummaryEdit CartSubtotal: $1299.00 Shipping & Handling: Free Taxes: $115.29 GRAND TOTAL: $1414.29

checked it out again at BH - no sales tax charged

Apr 08, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Free Ride is Over

A politician is one who would give you the shirt off of someone else’s back for a vote… there is no end to their greed…

Jefferson

Apr 08, 2013 at 01:06 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Free Ride is Over

Amen, Sir Sorta like how proficient they are at taking and spending somebody else's money

Apr 08, 2013 at 01:39 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Free Ride is Over

And FWIW, Adorama is doing me the favor of collecting the Sales Tax allegedly I owe and charging $1414.29. Here is what Amazon charges:

Order summary
Items: $1,299.00
Shipping & handling: $7.99
Total before tax: $1,306.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $78.42
Order total: $1,385.41

hmm, where is the extra bucks going?

Apr 08, 2013 at 02:20 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Free Ride is Over

Hmmm, I just put the same item in my cart, and no sales tax is calculated, no shipping fee. Delivered price is $1299. Click on the tax exempt link and it reads "We are required by law to collect sales tax on orders shipped to New York and New Jersey."

Where are you having the camera shipped?

Apr 08, 2013 at 03:58 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Free Ride is Over

Sounds like a bug; I tried it and no sales tax.
Maybe you could email me with details of the browser and operating system you are using, plus your zip code, and I'll have our IT department recreate your order and check it out: Helen@adorama.com

Apr 08, 2013 at 05:03 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Free Ride is Over

As we have come to expect, Helen is taking care of tracking down what appears to be a glitch in the system.

Apr 08, 2013 at 12:35 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Free Ride is Over

anthonysemone wrote:
You gotta luv this f**** government!!

Unfortunately, it appears the f-word has gotten so commonplace that it's considered appropriate for posting pretty much everywhere on the web, even on a forum that should be considered family oriented. At least that's the way I've always considered the FM forum.

Apr 08, 2013 at 02:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Free Ride is Over

I agree with you, Dan. I reported the use of this particular phrase back on day one, and I guess it's OK with Fred.

Apr 08, 2013 at 02:53 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The Free Ride is Over

Well, guys, I apologize if I've offended your sensitivities Next time I'll link to my post with a NSfFV (Not Safe for Family Viewing), and that way you all won't have to worry about being offended

Apr 08, 2013 at 03:07 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · The Free Ride is Over

If you hate our government so much your 1) more than welcome to try to change it or 2) move to another country. Nobody is forcing you to stay.

Apr 08, 2013 at 03:13 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · The Free Ride is Over

Let me just say, Ben, I love my Country, I signed the check in defense of my Country and its Constitution. There is, however, much in my view to be desired about the government. And indeed I will work however diligently to change it. So, you, Sir, jcolwell and Dan might want to give serious consideration to starting another thread here in which you can take me to task for whatever you'd care to.

I'd like to keep this one for the purpose of updating folks about the issue of Sales Tax being charged by Adorama - which, more than likely, is a software glitch that Helen is in the process of having checked out. (I have now removed the offensive, apolitically correct speech from my initial post, so, no one needs to worry about being offended)

Apr 08, 2013 at 03:33 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · The Free Ride is Over

BenV wrote:
If you hate our government so much your 1) more than welcome to try to change it or 2) move to another country. Nobody is forcing you to stay.

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Apr 08, 2013 at 03:58 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · The Free Ride is Over

anthonysemone wrote:
So, you, Sir, jcolwell and Dan might want to give serious consideration to starting another thread here in which you can take me to task for whatever you'd care to.

I never made any comment on your like or dislike of the government. And I don't see the use of vulgar language to be an issue of political correctness. My comment was mainly a lamentation over what has apparently become socially acceptable on the internet, and this forum in particular.

Apr 08, 2013 at 04:09 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · The Free Ride is Over

I'm good. Potty mouth word is gone.

Apr 08, 2013 at 05:58 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · The Free Ride is Over

So glad you approve

Apr 08, 2013 at 07:31 PM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · The Free Ride is Over

Gee, a curse and a lambasting of the government caused people to respond. I'm shocked.

It's pretty disingenuous to suggest that you want to keep the post to discussion of Adorama's taxes when your original post references the "bleeping government."

Apr 08, 2013 at 09:04 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · The Free Ride is Over

Hmmm, penetrating analysis, Watson

Apr 08, 2013 at 10:18 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password