New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Canon lens for Nikon

Dustin Gent
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon lens for Nikon

there is no way to do this, as stated. In fact, many "alternative" lenses do NOT fit on Nikon due to this reason (mount is smaller). Oh well.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM
MP79
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon lens for Nikon

nugeny wrote:
As the matter of fact, I am considering going this hybrid way. Before D3, I was shooting 1DII for many years and loved the camera.
Intuitively I think the 400 f5.6---a prime--+tc 1.4x would give a much better IQ than the 80-400 f5.6---a higly zoom-- + tc 1.4x.

It's not a bad way to go if you have the resources to support two or more systems, and it's what I do for wildlife shooting and I love it. My favorite combo is the 7D with the 400L 5.6 for birds and other wildlife along with the Nikon D5100 or D7000 with the Nikon 12-24 f4 for landscapes. Sometimes I will instead take the 70-300L with the 7D and/or the Nikon 17-55 with one of the Nikon bodies.

I thought long and hard about giving up the Canon system when the 80-400 AF-S VR and D7100 came out but for now I think I'm going to wait and see what the 7D replacement is like before I make any decisions.

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.