Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · What now?

bigkrackers

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · What now?

Elan II wrote:
Any reason not to just use your D200? I still use mine and it's an excellent camera.

Is the D200 your only camera or do you have one that is newer? If you have one that is newer what were the reasons to upgrade? If you only have the D200 is it because you don't see any significant advancements in DSLR technology to upgrade or some other reason?

I have thought about just going with the D200 and upgrade one on my lenses to a better one. But I'm a tech junkie and I have to think that DSLR's, at some point in a cycle, do improve either your picture quality or your picture taking ability. Maybe not every new sub-model or even new model will have that effect but going from a D200 to a D300 or D7000, at least in my mind, is a pretty decent leap forward in DSLR technology.

I understand that a good photographer can take a good picture with a POS but that's obviously not the preferred method. I don't think my D200 is a POS, and I'm not going to sell it, but is there not a better option or am I just going in the wrong direction with my hobby? Not being sarcastic. This is a forum filled with people with a better skill set and better understanding than me so all my question are genuine.

I will be going one way or the other (buying a newer body or better lens) in a couple weeks so, I'm not in any rush and can afford to illicit opinions from my betters.

Apr 09, 2013 at 03:56 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · What now?

I went from a 1Ds to an F5 to a D700. ALL were upgrades imo, but for different reasons, obviously.

D700 wasn't a "night and day" difference in IQ, HOWEVER in most every other aspect, the D700 was. The battery life, LCD, low light performance, functions (live view, sensor cleaning, easier operation, etc) were upgrades. Build quality is close to the 1Ds.

I am listing the D700 because the D300 is similar in build and feel. The D7000 feels quality as well. Have you checked out the D7000 in person? Really a great camera.

Apr 09, 2013 at 04:12 AM
DaveOls
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · What now?

I have a used Nikon D 300s that I really like. It has 51 pt AF. In single pt AF you can move the focus point around in the viewfinder instead of focusing and having to re aim the camera. This may not be important to you, but it is convenient to me. Also, it is easier to change settings on the D 300s. For the price of a new D 7000, you could buy a used D 300s or two D 300's.
Also, the AF on the D 300s is faster if you have little kids.

Apr 09, 2013 at 11:57 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password