Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · What pen do you sign a print with?

kezeka
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What pen do you sign a print with?

I normally just stick to freelance journalism so I haven't printed many photos until lately. So I was wondering: what type of writing instrument most photographers sign prints with? Pen? Sharpie? Paintbrush?

Thanks for the help in advance

Apr 07, 2013 at 02:07 AM
Razor17
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What pen do you sign a print with?

Sharpie works the best...

Apr 07, 2013 at 02:12 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What pen do you sign a print with?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1195124/0?keyword=sign#11395889

Apr 07, 2013 at 05:53 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What pen do you sign a print with?

If you sign your digital image you don't have to sign your prints. Select your digital signature, copy & paste onto your digital image, move to location and fade, then flatten the image.

Apr 07, 2013 at 06:46 AM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What pen do you sign a print with?

I sign my prints using Pentel Sunburst Metallic gel pens. My customers feel it is more a personal touch than having a digital signature. I also give them a note sized print with information about the print, things like it's title, date it was taken, location etc... Again, it just gives the customer a feeling of personal touch with the print, something they can't get from Walmart.

Apr 07, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kezeka
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What pen do you sign a print with?

chez wrote:
I sign my prints using Pentel Sunburst Metallic gel pens. My customers feel it is more a personal touch than having a digital signature. I also give them a note sized print with information about the print, things like it's title, date it was taken, location etc... Again, it just gives the customer a feeling of personal touch with the print, something they can't get from Walmart.

This is what I was looking for - thanks for taking the time to comment. Will definitely start doing the smaller print with information about date/time written on it, that sounds significantly more personalized to me.

Apr 07, 2013 at 08:32 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What pen do you sign a print with?

Wal-Mart sells the ZIG "Journaling Pen" made by EK Tools.

It's a non-bleeding, waterproof, acid-free, archival quality pen that uses pigmented ink. I like the black ink pen with a .45mm tip.

They also sell "Painters" opaque paint markers (made by Elmer's Products) filled with real acrylic paint. I like the white paint pen with the 1.1mm tip.

Apr 10, 2013 at 01:09 AM
Beni
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What pen do you sign a print with?

Pigma Micron Archival Ink pen. Lots of artists use them actually. Cheap enough and acid free. Writes fine on photo paper.

Apr 10, 2013 at 01:53 PM
alvit
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What pen do you sign a print with?

Staedtler pigment liner !

Apr 10, 2013 at 05:27 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password